X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • And123
    • Apr 2005

Yamaha RXV2500 vs other receivers

I'm planning to upgrade Yamaha RXV800 to something better. I'm using B&W DM604 S3 as mains, DM602 S3 as rear and LCR600 S3 in the center. I'm thinking about Yamaha RX-V2500, Rotel 1968, or maybe other brands. Any recommendations?
    Last edited by And123; 15 April 2005, 22:00 Friday.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Oh, I'm SURE you'll get plenty of Rotel recommendations. But, being a Yamaha owner (RX-V1, et al) I'll get mine in while I can. The 2500 is a very nice reciever, with most of the accessories you could ever want in a single-chassis unit that doesnt' cost $4000+. The 2500, playing through the 604s will yield a more detailed, less harsh, more natural sound than your 800 and will have better control of the bass. It also comes with the YPAO room-calibration software which I wish I had on the RX-V1.

One thing I'd stress regardless of what receiver you buy, is to make sure you can either take a demo unit home to try in your system, or that the dealer has a no-cost return policy - just in case.

Good luck!

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• And123
      • Apr 2005

Thanks, one nice thing about my favorite dealer (www.justhifi.com) is that I can take any receiver home,test it, and if I don't like it, exchange it for different one. In addition I can also exchange speakers within a year for a better set (I'm planning to go to 703s in few months). I'll try 2500 tomorrow and let you know how it works in my setup.

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

Something like this may be worth keeping an eye out for

Comment

• scobro
          • Mar 2005

I was goona get the yammy 2500 but it was a toss up with the Onkyo 702 after hearing both I went with the Onkyo better sounding to me with exactly the same features. :T

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

I was the exact opposite of Scobro, I went with the Yammie because I like the more "natural" (albeit brighter) sound.

Course then I found Rotel and am 100% happy, till the upgrade bug bites. lol
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"