X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angioguy
    • Nov 2005

802D Midrange Adjustment

Just got my 802D's replaced on Friday-- I posted about a week ago that one of the speakers came from the factory with a damaged tweeter-- well, the dealer replaced both speakers, and the new speakers look and sound incredible! Will update system pics in the next few days....

The question I have is why doesn't B&W address how to fine tune the midrange in the owner's manual? What is the effect of turning the screw? Is this something I need to do myself? How am I supposed to know when they should be adjusted and how much? Is it after the break-in period?

Someone also said that screws for the woofers may need to be tightened after extended use-- is this right? Sound like pretty high maintenance speakers for $12 K....

Thanks
    B&W 802D, HTMS-4; Velodyne DD-12, Arcam AVR-300, McIntosh MC-402, Musical Fidelity KW-SACD, Pioneer Elite

"... these go to eleven."
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

That screw in the back does nothing more than hold the driver in place, there is no tuning involved at all, there is also no specific torque setting which is given other than the initial setting used at the time of assembly at the factory, this setting is used only as control standard to insure safe transport.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Angioguy
      Just got my 802D's replaced on Friday-- I posted about a week ago that one of the speakers came from the factory with a damaged tweeter-- well, the dealer replaced both speakers, and the new speakers look and sound incredible! Will update system pics in the next few days....

The question I have is why doesn't B&W address how to fine tune the midrange in the owner's manual? What is the effect of turning the screw? Is this something I need to do myself? How am I supposed to know when they should be adjusted and how much? Is it after the break-in period?

Someone also said that screws for the woofers may need to be tightened after extended use-- is this right? Sound like pretty high maintenance speakers for $12 K....

Thanks

Do not touch the screw on the back of the Mid-Range head... No adjustment required, no tightening needed (ever)

Comment

• ChrisssB
        • Feb 2006

Here's a link explaining it all:

There is a large aluminium slotted screw at the back of my speaker, behind the FST midrange. What is it for and should I adjust it?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"