X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick.h
    • Jan 2006

Owners of 803s/HTM3s: What is your amp?

Hi,

Ive just purchased B&W 803s and a HTM3s. I'm just wondering what everyone else is using to power there speakers?

Im using an HK AVR5550 7x75watts and a custom made 2x150watt power amp.

Im using 2 channels from the HK (75watts each) to power the Tweeter/Midrange and the 2 channels of the power amp to power the woofers of the 803's.

All in all using about 225watts for each 803s.
  • nyny
    • Jul 2004

I use the following setup:

Fronts: Jeff Rowland Concerto Integrated (250 watts per channel)

Center: Rotel RMB-1075 (using two channels for the center)

Surrounds: Rotel RMB-1075
    Tony

Comment

• nick.h
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by nyny
      I use the following setup:

Fronts: Jeff Rowland Concerto Integrated (250 watts per channel)

Center: Rotel RMB-1075 (using two channels for the center)

Surrounds: Rotel RMB-1075
      Nice,

what centre you running? HTM3s?

Comment

• Charles
        • Jul 2006

I am running the same setup 803S and HTM3s. I am presently using a B&K AVR507 (150wx3), but most everyone claims I need more power, so I am saving for a new amp. Probably going with Krell or Classe. Mostly use my setup for HT, so I'm leaning toward Krell.

Comment

• nyny
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by nick.h
          Nice,

what centre you running? HTM3s?
          Yes, I have 803S fronts, HTM3S center, and 805S surrounds.
          Tony

Comment

• Eliav
            • Jul 2005

hi
            until recently i used to drive the 803s (front, left and right) with Classe CAM400 monoblocks and the HTM3s with rotel RMB1095
            Eliav
            :T Socrat

Comment

• Angioguy
              • Nov 2005

Until 2 days ago, I was driving 803S with a Macintosh MC-402 (400 wpc) and an HTM4S with the Arcam AVR-300
              B&W 802D, HTMS-4; Velodyne DD-12, Arcam AVR-300, McIntosh MC-402, Musical Fidelity KW-SACD, Pioneer Elite

"... these go to eleven."

Comment

• Blewis
                • Sep 2006

I'm using Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated for the 803s and NAD T762 surround receiver for the LCR600S3 center and surrounds (JBL Pro Control1).
                Cabling: NBS Dragon Fly for the 803s and Qed Silver Anniversary for the center.
                Thinking of replacing A5 integrated for the A5 Pre and Power amp.

Comment

• Pookie007
                  • Apr 2006

I have the same speaker set up. I am using Audio Research 300.2 for the mains and Anthem MCA 30 for center and surrounds.

Comment

• Kobus
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by nick.h
                    Hi,

Im using an HK AVR5550 7x75watts and a custom made 2x150watt power amp.

Im using 2 channels from the HK (75watts each) to power the Tweeter/Midrange and the 2 channels of the power amp to power the woofers of the 803's.

All in all using about 225watts for each 803s.
                    Does not work like that. When bi-amping you can not add the output of the two together.

Put another way, a dedicated 225W amp will be better than a 75 + 150, all else being equal.

Kobus

Comment

• SteinigerGE
                      • Aug 2006

Nick,

I'm using bel canto REF 1000 monoblocks for my 803S' and biamping my HTM3S with my Arcam P1000. Since the P1000 is a 7 channel amp, I'm also biamping my surround 805S' and am using one channel for my Nubert NuBox (only Germans would know this speaker) as the EX channel.

Greg

Comment

• kgt
                        • Mar 2005

I have 804S fronts and an HTM3S. I run them with a Monster 3250 (3X250). A lot of people dislike Monster for various reasons (most unrelated to sound), but I got a steal on this amp and couldn't pass it up.

I asked my local high end store (where I bought the speakers) if I could demo a Rotel, but that was waaaay too much trouble for them.

I paid 1k for the amp - I'm not sure I could get anything better (new) without spending at least 3 times that amount. Just a guess...
                        Last edited by kgt; 05 February 2009, 23:54 Thursday.

Comment

• chinets
                          • Jun 2005

I run my 803s front and 804s surround and Htm1 center and 2 ASW 850 subs In HT and Music with Krell 400xi for the 803s and center, and Rotel 1095 for HT with the surround and Krell FPB 400cx for the 2 channel part of the 803s, and I am getting the 802D so that would take its place. Both 803s will be suuround and 804s for the back In a 7.2 system.

Comment

• boss
                            • Aug 2006

I am about to place order for a pair of 803S.

To complete the whole upgrade path, I am searching for CDP/PRE/AMP also.

Today I auditioned MERIDIAN G08/G02/G57. They are quite lean and refreshing (sound-wise).

Any comments on the combination with B&W 803S?

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"