X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

803s Vs 802d sensitivity difference ?

Hi guys
    the sensitivity on the 803s and the 802d is reportedly the same (~ 90dB), yet, I can definitely say that my comfort listening loudness has changed from 55dB with the 803s (classe cp700 stereo pre amp dial) to about 58-60dB with the 802d. same amplification and cables ( all balanced interconnections).
    only thing i have changed is the cd player ( replaced rotel 1060 with classe cdp 200), and added two more acoustic traps,i have not changed my listening spot/ speakers position. any ideas/ similar experience ?
    thanks
    Eliav
    :T Socrat
  • WI Rotel
    • Jul 2006

The sensitivity should be what the manufacturer states. The listening level IMO is a difference in fatigue levels, The 802's are warmer. Warmer speakers are easier to listen louder. You cant test the difference now but a sound meter would have cleared the issue right up.

Comment

• Eliav
      • Jul 2005

thanks !
      I have just spoken with Classe tech support, apparently the cdp202 has its own volume setup which artificially limits the output, once disabled through the cd player menu,it automatically sets to max gain - problem solved !!.
      apparently both speakers indeed have similar if not identical sensitivities .
      regards
      Eliav
      :T Socrat

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

I would definitely set the CDp to max gain as I guess you say you did.
        Danish

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"