804s vs Veritas 2.3i. Does it worth extra $1200?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • av_dss
    • Apr 2006

804s vs Veritas 2.3i. Does it worth extra $1200?

Hi,

I currently have a pair of Energy C-9. But looking to upgrade to something better. I've home auditioned a pair of Veritas 2.3i and loved the sound stage and the detail. Then......I got to this forum and the Rotel forum and many people here paired their Rotel with B&W 804s. I know, 804s are about $1200 more then the veritas, but I only upgrade one and will not do it again for another long while, so I think I can afford it. So here is my question, does it worth $1200 more for the 804s? I'm seeking for expert advise here before driving 2 hours to the nearest B&W dealer.

My gears
    -Rotel RSX-1056 - pre and run center and surround sound
    -Rotel RB-1080 - run main speakers
    -Denon DCM-380 - CD
    -Denon DVD-2910
    -center and surround are Energy - not really important only watch 2 to 3 movies a month.
    -interconnect and speakers wire are Monster (I know their marketing got to me and will be next on the upgrade path)

Room:
    12 X16 ft. facing the speakers is the patio door; left side has lots of windows; right side open to the kitchen; hardwood floor; 10ft ceilings.

Thanks and await for your expert inputs.
  • chuck1801
    • Feb 2006

Yes. The 804S is definitely worth the trouble to at least audition and you'll likely find they are easily worth the extra money. I just got back from comparing them to Aerial Model 6 speakers using a Nait 50 watt per channel integrated amp. The Aerials are terrific speakers but the 804S, to my ears, were much better. The CD that really showed the difference was Bach organ music which does not sound good if the speakers aren't up to it. The Aerials sounded very good but the 804Ss brought the organ to life full power. Also used a variety of other music such as Satie piano music, Concrete Blond, and jazz, on all of it the 804S was as good or better. I haven't heard Energy speakers since last year, but I recall I liked the Aerials better -- I bought some Model 5bs for my office system. Good Guys had the Energys 30% off at the time, but the Aerials to me were a lot better.

Comment

• chemguy
      • May 2005

A year and a half ago, I was down to the exact same choice. I auditioned the Energy Veritas 2.3i's, comparing them to the Nautilus 804's. I preferred the B&W's. I waited until the new 800 series was out and have since purchased the 804S's. I have no regrets. To me, they are the better speaker but ultimately, it comes down to your ears and the type of sound you prefer. You're probably used to the Energy sound and I am sure you would be happy with the Veritas...they're a fantastic speaker. But I think it is definitely worth the 2 hour trip to go and listen to the 804S's and then decide whether they're worth the extra cash. Otherwise, you'll always be wondering, what if...?

Comment

• av_dss
        • Apr 2006

Thanks Guy for your inputs. I drove two hours to b&w dealer and got out of the store less than 20mins with a pairs 804s in the back on my suv last night. All I can say is WOW!!

Comment

• audiojunky
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by av_dss
          Thanks Guy for your inputs. I drove two hours to b&w dealer and got out of the store less than 20mins with a pairs 804s in the back on my suv last night. All I can say is WOW!!
          Congratulations and welcome to the beautiful world of beemers!! What color did you get?

Do post some pictures of your new beemers on this forum. I've had my 804s' for around a month now and absolutely love the sound. I can't wait to get back home and listen to them

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
            • May 2005

I've had my 804's for almost 12 months and each time I buy a new CD it is like opening up a new treat for my ears :T

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"