Denon AVR-3805, disabling front & centre amps...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bsodmike
    • Dec 2005

Denon AVR-3805, disabling front & centre amps...

Hi ya guys, I'm just in the processing of organising my HT and this may come as an odd question. I've got a Rotel RB-1070 powering my centre and RB-1080 powering my fronts, connected via the pre-outs. Now is it possible for me to disable the 'amps' in the 3805 so as to reduce heat dissipation but it should still understand that the pre-outs are to be given a signal?

Cheers, Mike
    Home Theatre: Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.7Ghz - Connected to an Apple Cinema HD Display 23-inch widescreen and a LG 42" Plasma TV | Denon AVR-3805 7.1 AV Receiver | Denon DVD-3910 DVD Player (Multi-Region + Denon Link 3rd Edition) | Rotel RB1080 (2x 200W) | Rotel RB1070 (2x130W, true bi-amping for centre) | Bowers & Wilkins LCR600 (center), DM602 S3 with 2x 3m Nordhost Solar Winds (fronts), DM601 S3 (surround), ASW675 (subwoofer) & QED cabling
  • bsodmike
    • Dec 2005

Ok no worries, just called my supplier (about some stands infact) and it seems that the 3805 automatically disables powering the internal amps as there is no closed circuit...sweet

Cheers.
    Home Theatre: Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.7Ghz - Connected to an Apple Cinema HD Display 23-inch widescreen and a LG 42" Plasma TV | Denon AVR-3805 7.1 AV Receiver | Denon DVD-3910 DVD Player (Multi-Region + Denon Link 3rd Edition) | Rotel RB1080 (2x 200W) | Rotel RB1070 (2x130W, true bi-amping for centre) | Bowers & Wilkins LCR600 (center), DM602 S3 with 2x 3m Nordhost Solar Winds (fronts), DM601 S3 (surround), ASW675 (subwoofer) & QED cabling

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

The power draw on amps with no speakers connected is minimal, so heat dissipation shouldn't be an issue with regards to the unused amps.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"