X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAmin
    • Aug 2004

New B&W Owner

After looking at the spectrum of options with speakers and stuff to power them, I finally made a purchase. I’m a first time HT owner trying his best not to make many mistakes. I want to thank you all for your posts as they’ve helped a lot. This is a really great forum.

I went ahead and purchased the following:

• 2-703s
    • 1-HTM7
    • 2-Sig7NTs
    • 1-ASW750
    • Rotel 1098
    • Rotel 1095
    • Monster Power HTS 5100
    • Audioquest cables and interconnects

Do you think the 1095 is too much power for the HTM7 and the 7NTs? The B&W website recommends up to 120 watts for the center and 150 watts for the 7NTs? However, it seems B&Ws can handle more watts than they advertise. Just wondering if this applies to the 700 series.

I’m gonna wait to get a new Rotel DVD player to replace my Pioneer Elite DV-45a---waiting to see what’s coming next year with universal players. Hope Rotel comes through for me.

Originally, I was looking to do something a little higher-end with the speakers and was seriously considering the Nautilus 802s, but had to scale it down a bit to not anger the boss. I figured I can always upgrade later or have a 2nd home theater room where I could really go crazy.

I can’t wait to listen to it --- hopefully will have it installed this week. Thanks!
  • kjell.h
    • Sep 2004

Congratulations with your new system.
    Don't worry, your system will handle the power. Better to mutch than to little. I have a pair of 805 signature and they are powered by 2 X 250w amplifier with a peak output at 120 amps. They are playing just lovely. we have a saying: small speakers powerfull amps.

Kjell

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

EAmin,

Enjoy - should be a great combo... You've picked some great gear there!

Only suggestion for short term upgrade is to replace the HTM7 with a HTM1 - you get a much better sound match with its FST midrange for vocals etc in the front stage (basically the same midrange as the 703s). The HTM7 is good, the HTM1 is amazing... I highly recommend a listen if you do much HT listening!

PS - I agree about the power - that will do just nicely!

Geoff

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

haven't heard any of the 700 or the 800s series yet, only got the 600s right now. Love the looks of the HTM1 and heard alot of great things about it. I'd go with the HTM1 instead of HTM7 also. Center channel has a BIG role in a HT setup. Enjoy the nice gear, I'm jealous.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"