CDM 9NT & CDM 1NT; Whats the current equivalent?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick.h
    • Jan 2006

CDM 9NT & CDM 1NT; Whats the current equivalent?

Hi,

Is it worth buying a CDM 9NT & CDM 1NT combo? Are they a good model to go for?

What are they compared to now in the B&W range?

Cheers
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Today's equivalent to the CDM 9NT is the 703, and the equivalent to the CDM 1NT is the 705. I own the CDM 9NT and have auditioned the 703. They sound very similar to me. I consider the CDM 9NT and the 703 to be on the bright side, which isn't everybody's cup of tea. I'd only buy the 703 if the price was pretty similar to the CDM 9NT. The real step up from the CDM 9NT is the 8 series. I haven't auditioned the CDM 1NT or the 705 so I can't comment on them. However the CDM 9NT and the CDM 1NT should be a good combination due to their sonic similarity.

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

My previous HT setup consisted of CDM 9NT, CDM CNT, and CDM 1NT surrounds. This is a very nice setup, and can be had for a very good price when you can find them.

I have decided to upgrade my HT to 800 series, so I've replaced the fronts with 805S and the center with HTM4S (still using 1NTs in the rear, for now). I still love the CDM 9NTs, and have moved them to another room to use strictly for stereo.
      Brad

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"