X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joetama
    • May 2006

B&W 804S

So, my local dealer is running a deal on their store demo 804S's which are in almost perfect condition. They have a price on them of $2899... Am, I stupid for not jumping on this deal? I have 703's right now, and 601S3 as my surrounds, if I picked up these 804's I would prolly sell my 601S3's and move the 703's to the rear. What do you guys think, good, bad, ugly????
    -Joe
  • norpus
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by joetama
    So, my local dealer is running a deal on their store demo 804S's which are in almost perfect condition. They have a price on them of $2899... Am, I stupid for not jumping on this deal? I have 703's right now, and 601S3 as my surrounds, if I picked up these 804's I would prolly sell my 601S3's and move the 703's to the rear. What do you guys think, good, bad, ugly????
    Good, very good.
    Cheers
    Norpus
    "He who dies first with the most toys wins"

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

That would be a good upgrade for the fronts, but I'd experiment with the rears to see whether the 601 S3 or the 703 is a better match for the 804S.

Perhaps your local dealer will trade in your 601 S3's and 703's for a pair of store demo 805's. Now that would be a great all round upgrade.

Comment

• Boone38
        • Dec 2004

That is a great deal. I paid much nmore then that for mine just a few months ago. I bought new Rosenuts 804S for 3200.00 and felt I got a great deal. I would agree that the upgrade is well worth it. As for the rears, the 805s are a much better choice if the budget allows. If not then move the 703s to the rears. I have just the small inwalls and the sound is still awsome.

Good Luck ;x(

Comment

• William
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by joetama
          ...if I picked up these 804's I would prolly sell my 601S3's and move the 703's to the rear. What do you guys think, good, bad, ugly????
          None of the above. It would be great! :T

Comment

• AptosJeff
            • Jul 2006

Do it! The 800's are in another league to my ears.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"