X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duketbrd88
    • Jul 2009

601 S3's & Peachtree Nova

Hello, i just picked up some brand new DM 601 S3"s and ordered a peachtree nova 80w per channel integrated from crutchfield. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the nova intergrated amp. This is for a second system in a 12x12x8 area. I think it should be fine. i already have 804S's and classe ca2200 and cp500 preamp for my main setup. Do you guys think this will be plenty to drive the 601s3 speakers to moderate level's, mainly for watching tv, movies and some music in 2 channel. Oh i will also have a velodyne spl800r sub with the 601's. Thanks Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wgriel
    • May 2006

I can only comment based on specs and reviews (I've not heard the Peachtree Nova) but it appears that this should be a fine amplifier for the 601s. Especially if you are employing a Sub for the low end.

Comment

• duketbrd88
      • Jul 2009

Thanks for the comment. I bought the nova from crutchfield and i will tell you it is a hell of a deal for two channel and bookshelf speakers and a sub. It is a great two channel integrated amp, plus you get the great dac section. I was really impressed what 80watts per channel can do after listening to my 804S's and my classe ca2200 and cp500 for the last year. I am returning it until i finish my dedicated room in my basement, to move all my gear down there, but when the time comes i think i will buy the nova for the living room setup. I just don't have the room for the peachtree nova and 601's right now in my current setup. I had to see for myself and couldn't wait! It only cost $7.00 to test it and return it. Now i know and can order it when i am ready for it. I can tell you that you get a great amount for your money.

Comment

• wgriel
        • May 2006

the Nova has received some pretty good press, and I like the design a lot. It certainly looks like a great deal to me.

Comment

• duketbrd88
          • Jul 2009

I was very impressed. It weighs 26lbs for that size of a unit and feels very well made. So easy to hook up and has everything in a integrated that someone could want for the money. Like other people have said it is not going to blast you out of the room, but i had it at 3/4 volume and it was crystal clear and even when i had something paused or muted there was not a single bit of hiss coming from the speakers. It was dead quiet. i think i will purchase it again when the time is right. For my wife to say she likes it, says something for me. After looking at how much money i have into my other system, classe ca2200 and cp500 along with the b&w 804s's, it kind of makes me sick in a way. I still love it!!

Comment

• dknightd
            • Mar 2006

I've got to admit I'm confused.

First you buy new speakers and order the peachtree nova.
            Then you ask what people think of it - nothing bad was said.
            Then you get the peachtree nova and like it.
            Then you return it? And plan to buy it again later?

Doesn't that leave you with a pair of speakers you can't use?
            Or did you return them as well?

I'm actually curious how you integrated the velodyne with the 601's.
            Did you pass the low level signal out the peachtree, through the sub, then back into the peachtree for amplification to the 601? Or does the velo have speaker level ins and filtered outs? It is almost too bad the peachtree does not do bass management and have a sub output.

Comment

• Grasynoll
              • Mar 2006

Crutchfield has to be pleased.

Comment

• duketbrd88
                • Jul 2009

I know i kind of worded all this funny, sorry about that. I am building a dedicated room in my basement for all my gear. In the mean time i was looking for a good pair of bookshelf speakers under $500.00 for the living room when i was done with the basement project. I had a set of the 601's before, but trade them up on my 804s's. I found a set on ebay brand new in the box so i purchased them for later use. Well i was bored so i came across the nova at crutchfield and ordered it. While i was waiting for it is when i asked my first question, if anyone had any experience with it. I know with crutchfield you get 60 days to return something if it is under there signature site and i knew it would cost only $7.00 to return it. This was a good way for me to test it out at home. I hope this explains it a little better. Well i liked it a lot, i was not ready for it and to much gear in my living room so i returned it and boxed up my speakers until i am done with the work in my basement. I just had to much clutter in my living room. I had my velodyne spl800r sub hooked up to the pre outs on the nova and adjusted my sub's crossover and volume until it blended nicely with the 601's. It sounded really nice. The point is i just wanted to see what the nova sounded like and if anyone here had any experience with it. I won't be done with the work for a while so i didn't want the nova sitting around brand new in the box while i wasn't using it, plus i wouldn't be getting the full benefit of the warranty sitting around.

Comment

• duketbrd88
                  • Jul 2009

Grasynoll, i have been dealing with crutchfield for 15 years and love there customer service. This is the first time i have purchased something from them just to test it out, it is not like i do this all the time. There are no dealers around me to go test out the nova so that is why i did it. The salesman said they don't have any problems with returning something for any reason, that is why they sell open box. I don't think i am the only person to do this. Oh the life of internet sales, gotta love it. I would say crutchfield is pleased with the money i have spent with them over the years.

Comment

• Grasynoll
                    • Mar 2006

I like Crutchfield as well.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"