X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snowball
    • Feb 2006

604 S3 what amp to drive them?

Hi guys!!

Due to an unexpected trip my savings for the B&W 804's have taken a hard blow,but being the hardcase i am,i am going for the 604's ! 8)

My setup is probably going to look like this :

B&W 604 s3
    RB-1070
    RC-1070
    RCD-1072

I would prefer to get the RB-1080 but the difference is around a thousand $$$
    Last time i checked (2-3 months ago) the 1080 was $2100 and the RB- 1070 was $930. And the RB-1090 was $2430,only $330 more than the 1080!!! :evil: :evil: :x :rant: :a> (btw are those prices decent,or is my dealer trying to rip me off?i cant remember if discount is included on those prices! i hope its not )

anw :sh:

My question is am i going to be able to enjoy some decent music by this setup?Is the 1070 up to the task? The 1080 is a possibility ,but only if the 1070 is a complete failure!
    (will have to cut down on food for some months though if i buy it :P )

any help, suggestions, moral support are welcome!!
  • cal264
    • May 2006

Snowball, I believe the going price for an RB-1080 is $1200.00 US... I got mine from a dealer for $900.00 discounted because of the total amount I was buying. I would look at other dealers .... The 1080 is 200W per channel and does a nice job and will be more than enough for the 604's ... Im running my 703's with the 1080 and its fine.

Good luck

JV

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

That price for the 1080 is crazy. Cal is right on the price (US of course)... I'd try to find another dealer, that's crazy paying that price (if you mentioned those prices as US pricing)...

If you can still find the 1090 though, that amp will last you a good long time!
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• snowball
        • Feb 2006

Actually the prices are not US!

I live in Cyprus,it probably falls under the European "ombrella" of prices. Or the middle east one.Things are pretty weird here since we got in the EU.

I will do a small recon operation ,to see if my dealer is a snake,or if the prices are the same everywhere.I will keep you updated

If i finally go with the 1070,will i be happy???

Comment

• Russ L
          • Jul 2006

snowball- the prices outside of the U.S. are usually around 50% more than the U.S. prices (converting your currency-Euros?-to American dollars of course) The RB-1080 would be $1800 CDN here in Canada, thats about $1650 US. -Russ
          Russ

Comment

• Zoran
            • Apr 2005

Snowball,

Get a short trip to Macedonia - RB-1080 only 1050 Euro at our dealer Kodi Audio Center, brand new!!! Discount up to -10% possible. Used about 700-800.

Good luck...

Comment

• bigburner
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

snowball, those 604 S3's deserve an RB-1080.

Comment

• snowball
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zoran
                Snowball,

Get a short trip to Macedonia - RB-1080 only 1050 Euro at our dealer Kodi Audio Center, brand new!!! Discount up to -10% possible. Used about 700-800.

Good luck...
                haha thanks for the advice zoran but if i take another trip,its going to be utter silence for me for the next months.

Comment

• snowball
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by bigburner
                  snowball, those 604 S3's deserve an RB-1080.
                  am propably going tp sacrifice the rc-1070 and replace it with a Yamaha rx-v995 that i allready own and cough up the money for the rb-1080!! :cry:

i hate it when something unexpected disrupts my plans!!! :evil: :evil:

Comment

• mike c
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by snowball
                    am propably going tp sacrifice the rc-1070 and replace it with a Yamaha rx-v995 that i allready own and cough up the money for the rb-1080!! :cry:

i hate it when something unexpected disrupts my plans!!! :evil: :evil:
                    IMO the RB1080 over the RB1070 will give more bang for the buck than the RC1070 over the yammy.

besides, the amp is pretty much a lifetime investment

Comment

• snowball
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by mike c
                      IMO the RB1080 over the RB1070 will give more bang for the buck than the RC1070 over the yammy.

besides, the amp is pretty much a lifetime investment
                      Yes you are right.The rb - 1080 is a must under the circumstances.
                      the bank is gonna love me for this

what do you think about my plan of sacrificing the rc-1070 for the yamaha? will the sound suffer from it? or just my pride?

Comment

• mike c
                        • Dec 2005

more of your pride than Sound Quality ...
                        but try this out first: run your 604s with the yammy first, then run them again with the RB1080
                        there's gonna be so much improvement you'll wonder if the SQ can still go up.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"