X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megarotel
    • May 2006

Would a Marantz SR 9600 do well on...

a B&W 604 and 602 surrond set ?

Will this deliver a good punch ( enough low ) ?

thanks in advance for the advice,

Megarotel.
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Hi Megarotel,
    I have the Marantz DV9600 which plays SACD and DVD-A and DVD Video because you wrote SR 9600?
    Well my DV9600 is connected to a Rotel 1098 pre/pro and 1095 Rotel amp with 800 series B&W in 5.1 well actually 5.2 as I have 2 ASW 850 subs. You say bass, punch!! well you will get extreme punch and enough low, that I myself who loves bass turn my sub set up to -5Db. It plays Cd's in Redbook like the Rotel 1072, which I have and you'll be so happy with the bass, as I had the Rotel RDV1060 and it lacked that Marantz tight and punching base it gives of.
    Good Luck,
    Chinets

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

SR is a receiver. And yes, it would.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Gump
        • Sep 2005

I drove 604's for several years with a Marantz SR8200 and was quite satisfied with the combination. The SR9600 is a step up and it should sound even better. If low end and bass is what you crave then you're still going to need to add a decent sub though.

Comment

• chinets
          • Jun 2005

Marantz DV 9600 AUDIO question!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,
          Since we are touching on the subject of the Marantz DV 9600 could you please answer me this question. :W
          Prior to buying the Marantz DV 9600, I had the Rotel RDV-1060. The sound of the Rotel 1060 In Video sound was Dynamic and forward, but I find that the Sound of the Marantz in Video sound is warm and very neutral with no dynamics which kind of dissapointed me. On the other hand, the Marantz sounds way better in DVD-A to compare and ofcourse the Marantz has SACD which Rotel does not enjoy. I also found that In DVD-A if we compare the sound of both players. The sound of Marantz has more bass but less Dynamics and more neutral which in DVD-A is perfect ,but the Rotel was way brighter and forward. ops:
          Can you please explain to me which do you find better in Video sound Marantz DV 9600 or the Rotel RDV-1060??? As the Marantz is almost twice the price of the Rotel. Marantz $1200 and the Rotel $800. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Best reagrds,
          Chinets ;x(

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Chinets, he is not talking about the DV 9600. He's talking about the SR 9600, which is a A/V receiver.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• chinets
              • Jun 2005

ooooops!!!!!!!! Well can you help me with my question?

Sorry, though you guys are talking about the DVD player!!!!!!!!!!!! ops:

Can anyone tell me which sounds better the Marantz DV 9600 or the Rotel RDV-1060???????? :roll:

Can anyone answer the question I put forth earlier on this thread?? :E

Thanks!!!!!!!!! ;x(

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"