X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dharris
    • Apr 2006

B&W and Axiom

Hi all!
    I just got through auditioning Axiom m22's with the VP150. While OK for home theater, they did not do as well for music. I listened to tons of different types of music, while OK for some, lot of music was harsh and made my ears ring.

With that being said, I am returning the Axioms and going with B&W.
    I have picked out the 602 V3 and LCR 60 for my center. I know the LCR600 is a more robust center, but I need a center to fit my rack below my TV.
    How many of you find the 600 series to be warm compared to the brighter speaker companies?

Thank you very much,
    Don

PS, my ears are still ringing from the axioms.
    TV - Mitsubishi 52" HDTV WD-52526
    A/V Receiver - NAD T753
    DVD - Denon HDMI 557
    HD Source - Dish Network VIP622 DVR
    Speakers,
    Main - B&W DM602 S3
    CC - B&W LCR60 S3
    Rear - B&W DM600 S3
    Sub - Def Tech PRO Sub 100 TL
    2 Chan Audio
    Amp - Rotel RB-870BX
    CD - Rotel930AX
    Speakers - MB Quart QLS530
    Sub - Def Tech PRO Sub 100 TL
  • wgriel
    • May 2006

Hey dharris,

welcome to the forum (that might seem a little strange coming from me, because I only just joined the forum myself )

I haven't had the opportunity to listen to Axioms, but I did find that the 600 line sounded more "laid back" and a bit warmer than the Paradigm studio line, and to me, was a bit more refined in the midrange. That is just my opinion though, and I know others will differ on this.

I bought 603s this past December, and I find they really are a wonderful, non-fatiguing speaker to listen to, and they really shine with jazz & blues (which is what I listen to 90% of the time).

The 602s are a fantastic standmount! I have no doubt that the Axioms are a nice speaker as well, but if you found them bright, I think you'll love the 602s. Personally, I think the 600 line is one of the great values in audio today.

I don't know much about the center channels though, because my B&Ws are 2 channel only.

Cheers,

Bill

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"