X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alpina
    • Nov 2005

703 and 804 - Wood material question

hi all,

do they use the same wood material in these 2 speakers and if so, what is it exactly?

in the process of finalising our display/rack design and one option is to match the rosenut finish - any suggestions?

cheers,

julie
    My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

700 series and 800 series rosenut wood veneer (and Rel's Rosenut finish for that matter) are identical. There is some variation tree to tree as you would expect with real wood. While my 705 and 804s match nicely, my HTM7 is a shade or two lighter. This is not a problem IMO, particularly as it is sitting on a Jarrah equipement rack which varies from horizontal to vertical because of the way the light reacts to the grain. The speakers get a little darker with age due to reaction with light. My 705s are 2 years old yet they could almost come from the same tree as the week old 804s (how time flys when you are having fun). I seem to recall that they started life a little lighter in colour.

Judging by the B&W video the speakers are sprayed with a wood stain to achieve the colour.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• alpina
      • Nov 2005

hi briz,

is jarrah a good match to the rosenut?

cheers,

julie
      My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• dknightd
        • Mar 2006

I've never seen a rosenut tree. Do they actually exist?

Comment

• Clepto
          • Feb 2006

Maybe our auzzie members would know...

Nuts Australian rosenut Endt, Dick Hickbeachia pinnatifolia

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Clepto
            Maybe our auzzie members would know...

Nuts Australian rosenut Endt, Dick Hickbeachia pinnatifolia
            Cutting and pasting straight from google, are we? :P
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• alpina
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by dknightd
              I've never seen a rosenut tree. Do they actually exist?
              Was thinking the same thing - is what is rosenut exactly - a type of tree, colour?

Julie

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"