X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dondon
    • Apr 2006

B&W speaker with Rotel/Marantz/NAD AV Receiver

Dear all,

I am impress and learn lots frm this forum. Thanks to you all value input. :T

I am planning to set up a HT to my new house. My selection would be B&W speaker with DM603 S3, LCR 600 S3, DM601 S3 and ASW 650. For AV Receiver might be Rotel RSP-1068 or Marantz SR7500. It is what I can afford at Malaysia. Price for B&W speaker is extremly expensive over here
    How about NAD T753 or 763 Av receiver?

My living hall size is abount 10ft (w) x 19 ft (d).

Please comment and advise me for anything on this setting. Good and Bad.

Thanks in advance.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

The Rotel 1068 would make the 600 series sound amazing. I know I have the 604s with the 1098 and my friend has the 1068/1077 with the same setup as you are looking at (except 602s & 600s in the back for 7.1). You can't go wrong with this combo at all (not saying you have to get the 1077, but Rotel & B&W).

The Marantz will do well and sound good, I think the Rotel has a slight edge though. The NAD, I can't really comment on, I've not heard NAD with B&Ws, but from what I have heard from NAD, I think it'd be a close second to Rotel.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• mike c
      • Dec 2005

everything but the sub is great, maybe for music ... but definitely not for HT
      get a Velodyne sub or equivalent - the sub doesn't have to match the speakers anyway (sound wise)

Comment

• dondon
        • Apr 2006

Thanks PewterTA and mike c.....

Velodyne sub is strongly recommended by the dealer too. Price is cheaper compare to B&W. I think I might go for Rotel + B&W + Velodyne then..... :W

Have a nice day.

Comment

• george_k
          • Jan 2004

NAD's are a great buy in terms of the quality of sound you get for the price you pay. They do however have their share of problems though luckily the 7x3 series hasn't been that bad. The 7x2's had a lot of problems.

If you do get a NAD make sure you get one from a newer batch. They incorporate all the changes from the latest service bulletin which was posted on 22/02/06

753 look for units with serial # R5YT75358191 onwards
          763 look for units with serial # R5XT763VC57591 onwards

Comment

• Sponge
            • May 2006

Check out MK subs too...

George K can you chime in on my NAD thread...I am looking for some feedback on NAD
            Old HT guy getting back into it!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"