• Feb 2006

703 and Yamaha receivers

Do they mix well?
    Is Yamaha an option to Rotel?
    Thank you!
  • Andries
    • Apr 2006

Hi B&W fan

I had a Yamaha A595a and while it worked perfectly well with my Mission loudspeakers, once I got the 703 model, the Yammie just was not able to drive them enough. It's not about the volume, but the control that the amp has over the loudspeakers. Granted, the A595a is not that powerful and the bigger Yamahas may be different, but I found that with the B&W having quite a sharp top end, the Yamaha was just not good enough. I used the Yamaha to break in the 703 speakers, after which a valve amplifier of 200w per channel simply lifted the B&W to another level.

Comment

• Joey_V
      • Jul 2005

I heard the Rotel 1050 vs the HK330 powering a pair of BW703. The difference was not subtle at all. I could EASILY hear a good amount of difference with just one switch... didnt even have to do another switch to make sure I wasnt hearing things - it was THAT much improved. Go Rotel.
      Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
      Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
      System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• dknightd
        • Mar 2006

When I bought my 703's I was using a Yamaha rx-777 (the then top of the line yamaha stereo receiver, 100 watts/channel). It worked, but a used adcom 535 (60 watts/channel) sounded better (better bass, and smoother highs).
        The yamaha was fine with my old speakers, but I don't think it has enough current to drive the 703 properly - I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

• lvhung
          • Jun 2005

Yamaha Is Quite A Good Choice
          Go And Listen For Rxv 4600

Comment

• mike c
            • Dec 2005

I say, go yammy 2600 or 1600 but use an external amp (hint: Rotel)

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"