X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fuji828
    • Feb 2006

Problem matching center channel for 705s

I have recently remodeled my family room and had built in wall cabinets made to accomadate my TV and audio equipment. We enjoy watching movies and listening to music so much in this room that we want to upgrade the entire system. Having built in cabinets also limits me in choice of speakers, I have just 9 1/2 inches in height for the center channel.
    I have auditioned the B & W 600S3, 705, and the 805s. I really loved the 805s and haven't totally ruled them out but the 705 is more in my budget. Either way the matching centers in the 800 and 700 series are too tall for my space. The salesman recomended that I could use the LCR 600 S 3 center because it would fit the space and be as close to the drivers in the 805 and the 705.
    Having read many of the posts in this forum, alot of you have some very informative input when it comes to B&W and would appreciate any feed back on my delema. I would just hate to invest so much and then compromise an important component as the center channel.
    I have also listened to Totem speakers which would fit into my space and would be a consideration if I had to compromise the performance of the B&Ws by mixing and matching the front and centers. Thanks for your input.
  • csuzor
    • Nov 2004

If you get the 705, you won't be satisfied with anything else than the HTM7. Mismatching the front would be the worse you could do, and the LCR600 is a serious compromise. If you must do it, then do it. In your situation though, I would get the HTM7 and a stand to have it up-front (speakers don't like being boxed in, they sound muffled), or get 2x 704 and forget the center channel (and enjoy a better sound with those).

Comment

• Miroku
      • Jul 2004

get an HTM7 and put it on a stand in front of the cabinet. It is the only way!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"