X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drsiebling
    • Jan 2006

B&W 602s3 balance problems

Hello everybody,

I am running a pair of B&W 602s3 speakers as my front pair in a 5.1 setup with a Rotel 1056, B&W rear channels and an M&K MX-125 sub. I've been attempting to tweak the sound for the best possible balance between the sub and the front speakers and have been having some trouble finding a good balance between the two. I'm not sure what the problem is, but my 602s are sounding very bright lately and I'm not entirely happy with the balance coming from the sub and the speakers. I've tried crossover settings at 80 and 100Hz and somthing is just not lining up properly. I've had these speakers for years, but I've been noticing a large amount of boominess from the sub on some material. I guess the best way to describe the problem is that my sound is very inconsistent. I have a large room with a sloped high ceiling and harwood floors. The room has a large area rug and the standard array of furniture to (hopefully) resolve any overly reflective sound problems. Would installing bass traps in the corners help to soften the sound? It's a peculiar problem and I would love it if any of you might have suggestions on how to improve the sound in the room.

Here's a pic of the room

Since the photo was taken, I have moved the speakers out of the corners and they are now about a foot away from the TV on either side. My sub rests at the end of the sofa with the main woofer aimed directly into the side of the sofa itself. So, my intial problem of having the speakers in the corner is solved, but now the brightess of the setup is becoming more evident.

To further clarify, the brightness problem occurs in 2 channel + sub mode exclusively.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

-Ben
  • drsiebling
    • Jan 2006

anyone?

Comment

• Stoney
      • Dec 2004

Would it be possible to give the sub some more breathing room? Having it in the corner, firing directly into the side of the couch may be absorbing some frequencies and resonating badly at others.
      Emotiva UPA-700 Amp
      Emotiva UMC 200 pre/pro
      B&W DM605 S2 Mains
      DM602 S2 Surrounds
      DM601 S2 Rear Surrounds
      CC6 S2 Center.
      ASW 1000 Sub

Comment

• drsiebling
        • Jan 2006

I'll give that a shot. I've got a limited amount of space, so there aren't too many options for repositioning the sub. However, I think I can come up with something...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"