602S3 Speaker Problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thinkdifferent
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 9

    #1

    602S3 Speaker Problem

    Dear Friends,

    I have got a serious problem with one of my 602S3 speaker, there is some kind of Tizzz in the woofer, I mean both the tweeter and woofer are not playing together, and sometimes I can only hear Tweeter playing and not the woofer... If I tap on top of the speaker with my hand then both plays well for sometime, and after some time again it goes back to only Tweeter. It will again come back to the same cycle after some time. I have tried changing the speaker connection from right to left the Amp is ok the problem is with the speaker... they are 11/2 years old and ware playing well all along.. Now I donno what happened suddenly. And Im feeling terrible, I guess you all know how it is like without music, and those speakers are not that old also. And I take good care of my babies, :cry:
    Please friends help me what to do. I heard, this form is with full of experiences and knowledge, Please don't make me go empty handed, looking forward to hear from one and all.
  • Stoney
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2004
    • 232

    #2
    Sounds like a loose or bad connection inside. At 1.5 years old, they should still be under warranty. Can you contact your dealer?
    From the 602 user manual:
    "This limited warranty is valid for a period of
    five years from the date of purchase or two
    years for electronics including amplified
    loudspeakers."
    Emotiva UPA-700 Amp
    Emotiva UMC 200 pre/pro
    B&W DM605 S2 Mains
    DM602 S2 Surrounds
    DM601 S2 Rear Surrounds
    CC6 S2 Center.
    ASW 1000 Sub

    Comment

    • Djas_Puhr
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2005
      • 26

      #3
      Definitely contact your dealer for warranty purposes before you try any tinkering yourself...
      "Don't mock the speakers... They have you surrounded." :

      Comment

      • thinkdifferent
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2006
        • 9

        #4
        Dear Friends,

        I thank you all for your replyies and time, I'm taking them to the dealer 2morrow.

        Thx Again, will post after I get them back.

        Comment

        • miner
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2005
          • 900

          #5
          My guess is a voice coil has become broken in the woofer. It will be covered under warranty. Keep us updated on the findings.

          Comment

          • marcelhold
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2006
            • 13

            #6
            Thinkdifferent, Hope you've managed to sort out your problem. One thing I guess might be (have been) wrong is that the connection between the LF and HF terminals on the back may have come loose: there's a metal strip that connects the LF and HF terminals which is held in place by the nuts that you use to screw down your speaker wire. These nuts can undo themselves over time and as a result of that, the connection may become bad - this will correct itself temporarily when you tap the speaker cabinet but vibrations can easily disconnect the metal strip again.
            The solution's simple: make sure that the nuts on both sets of terminals are tightened properly and you should be able to make sweet music once again without having to resort to Percussive Maintenance :T

            Marcel

            Comment

            • thinkdifferent
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2006
              • 9

              #7
              Originally posted by miner
              My guess is a voice coil has become broken in the woofer. It will be covered under warranty. Keep us updated on the findings.
              Yeah, my dealer said it is some sort of driver/coil problem, he said if it is 100% driver problem then, he has to get the driver from UK. I'm still waiting for his reply, will keep you posted.

              Thx to all of you for sharing in my grief...

              Comment

              • thinkdifferent
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2006
                • 9

                #8
                Originally posted by marcelhold
                Thinkdifferent, Hope you've managed to sort out your problem. One thing I guess might be (have been) wrong is that the connection between the LF and HF terminals on the back may have come loose: there's a metal strip that connects the LF and HF terminals which is held in place by the nuts that you use to screw down your speaker wire. These nuts can undo themselves over time and as a result of that, the connection may become bad - this will correct itself temporarily when you tap the speaker cabinet but vibrations can easily disconnect the metal strip again.
                The solution's simple: make sure that the nuts on both sets of terminals are tightened properly and you should be able to make sweet music once again without having to resort to Percussive Maintenance :T

                Marcel
                Dear Marcel,

                Unfortunately that is not the problem, I wish, it was some sort of loose contact problem, but nice Idea though to keep these things in mind in future in making connections.... will keep you all posted.

                Thx Much.

                Comment

                • chinets
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 855

                  #9
                  I guess it is the coil or driver problem, and B&W should replace it for free ,as it is not beyond your 2 year waranty!! Right??
                  Keep us posted on this problem.
                  Sorry you have to suffer NOW ,until they are fixed or probably replaced, if they can't solve your problem.
                  Cheers

                  Comment

                  • thinkdifferent
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 9

                    #10
                    Dear Friends,

                    Finally I got back my 602S3 speaker after a long wait of over a month, dealer inietially changed the driver but when I brought the speaker back it was the same problem so I have to return back and then he found problem in the corssovers of the speakers and got it from B&W UK and replaced, and it is working fine now.. so I have a new driver and the crossovers... I have to burn this driver to match up with the old one...
                    but that's ok... now they are playing well.... I will give them good work out over the weekend. thx to all the people out there for the replyies..

                    Comment

                    • ShadowZA
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 1099

                      #11
                      Great to know that you are up and running again. Enjoy the music.

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"