• audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Poor sucker that ends up buying it.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Joey_V
      • Jul 2005

Someone should warn the buyer... poor guy.
      Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
      Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
      System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

I amazes me how they seem to get away with that.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Kobus
          • Aug 2005

All luxury items that can (in looks) be produced at a fraction of the retail price of the real thing will be copied. Watches, high-end golf clubs, sunglasses, perfume, etc..

It is one thing to copy the design, but then the use of the "non-copyright-protected" words such as 805 and signature.

Kobus

Comment

• aphexist
            • Jan 2004

Has anyone considered the possibility that these sound incredible?

Comment

• worldys
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by aphexist
              if they sounded incredible, they could sell on their own merit, intead of riding on the coattails of b&w, copying the looks and engineering is one thing, but calling it a signature 805 is inexcusable, the only purpose is to trick some poor sucker into thinking they are getting b&w speakers

Comment

• RobP
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by aphexist

No, now why would we do that? :W
                Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• drsiebling
                  • Jan 2006

Well, I guess I've seen everything now...

Has anyone considered reporting this auction to B&W so that they might actually try to bid on these speakers to track down who is counterfeiting their designs? I imagine that B&W would be very interested in keeping these items off the market. Look at the details of the speakers. Aside from the basic look of the 805, this speaker is severely lacking in some of the basic design characteristics that make B&W unique. There is no way it could possibly come close to duplicating the sound of a true 805s. Look specifically at the characteristics of the flowport for a good example of where this copy is not quite up to par with the original...

I also notice that this auction piece has its location listed as "asia" - - the home of the knock-off. A more likely scenario is that the winning bidder of this auction will never receive anything for their money. It is probably entirely fraudulent and the bidder will have no recourse for obtaining a refund on merchandise never delivered.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"