X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M.Roberts8
    • Jan 2006

Sucker Punch 3/25/11

Anyone else wanting to see it ? I think the trailer looks pretty wild definitely going to see this one. Perhaps style over substance but pistol packing sword wielding hot chicks what's not to like.

Sucker Punch
  • M.Roberts8
    • Jan 2006

Just went and saw it. Wasn't what I expected. Seems like it was edited down for PG-13. I did like it , hope there is director's cut.

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

i really liked it also & got sucker punched!!!
      June
      "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Bob
        • Jul 2000

Just went and saw it. Wasn't what I expected. Seems like it was edited down for PG-13. I did like it , hope there is director's cut.
        I'm curious. Since it was clearly marketed as a film for 13 year old girls what where you expecting?

Comment

• technodanvan
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Bob
          I'm curious. Since it was clearly marketed as a film for 13 year old girls what where you expecting?
          ...if anything it was marketed towards 13 year old boys?

I thought it was decent. Something of a thinker, even though the ending was sort of obvious from the get-go.
          - Danny

Comment

• M.Roberts8
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Bob
            Are you calling me a girl? Why I outta :nutkick: :lol:
            If the movie studio is really aiming for that audience I think allot of the point will be lost on them. Allot of the metaphors in the film were quite adult oriented IMO.

Well to be honest the first trailer I saw didn't show any reference to a mental hospital it was all action a 25' tall samurai wielding a gattling gun, a dragon, gun totting sword wielding hotties in mini skirts It was an early teaser for it. I usually try to avoid trailers after the teaser as Hollywood usually gives it all away by the time the movie comes out and ruins it.

So I wasn't quite sure what to expect or make of it but I think Zack Snyder is a pretty capable director. I've liked his previous films Dawn of the Dead, 300, The Watchmen, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole . I actually liked the director's cut of the Watchmen much better than when I saw it in theaters.
            So I hope he does a director's cut of this one. As I said there were at least two parts for sure that were noticeably edited.
            Most people will probably write it off as style over substance but I disagree. Not that it's a masterpiece but I think allot of the point of the film will be largely overlooked because of all the stylized action.

Comment

• M.Roberts8
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by june
              i really liked it also & got sucker punched!!!
              Glad to hear I'm not the only one! :T

I thought it was decent. Something of a thinker, even though the ending was sort of obvious from the get-go.
              +1

I'm curious did any of you also think it was edited down?

Comment

• its_bacon12
                • May 2008

I plan on seeing this soon. I really liked the way Transformers, the first movie, was marketed. I remember seeing only tiny teasers where you saw the transformers title transforming. Since I used to watch the cartoon when I wa s a kid, naturally, I loved the movie.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"