X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bass007
    • Feb 2006

B&W 802D and room size

I have already listened to these magnificent speakers at a variety of dealers, and the smallest possible dem rooms they had.

All they dems were fine no boom or overhang, living in London (UK) the size of our rooms are on the small size, my room is 4 X 4m, I can only put the 802D about 30-45cm from the back wall, I tried this at the dems where I put the speaker right up against the wall I had no problems.

My maximum listening diatance will be 3.5-3.8m and speaker have a maximum of 2.8m apart.

I would apprieciate anyone views who use these speakers in small lisenting room, before I part with a rather large sum of money.

Just for the record, when listening to these speakers I couldn't find a dealer with my amp so I had to make do with a base Linn chakra multi power amp, and they were not bi-wired, biamped either, and using the worst of cables.

I have a Musical Fidelity KW500 Int amp which is pretty powerful compared to the Linn's and much higher current delivery.
  • bass007
    • Feb 2006

anyone?

Comment

• JKalman
      • Nov 2005

I've heard square rooms are terrible for sound quality. I don't recall why, but I'm sure someone here can tell us... I'm too lazy to get out my sound engineering books.

Comment

• bass007
        • Feb 2006

hi, my room isn't 100% square, I have two alcoves which are full top to bottom with Cd, Lps & dvds

Comment

• RNKC
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by bass007
          My maximum listening diatance will be 3.5-3.8m and speaker have a maximum of 2.8m apart.
          My room is also fairly small. My N802 are about 3.5m apart and I sit about 2.5m away from them. It's not ideal but short of spending hundreds of thousands more to get a new place (the ultimate upgrade to the system?) there's nothing I can do.

I would love to sit farther back and place the speakers further apart, but all in all it's still a good sound.

Comment

• bass007
            • Feb 2006

thanks for that, I shall be taking the plunge soon maybe in the next month or do.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"