Interesting, is this the normal finish of Signature 805?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimTW
    • Apr 2005

Interesting, is this the normal finish of Signature 805?

Found it while doing google search...

• JimTW
    • Apr 2005

Here's another... kinda weird but interesting... like Tiger fur.

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

No, not standard finish. May be a special anniversary finish or one that was offered with the S series. Kind of unique.

Comment

• aphexist
        • Jan 2004

Actually, it's called Grey Tiger's Eye. The ruddy finish is called Red Bird's Eye. It was not a special finish for the Prestige Signature line.

Comment

• yourtoys7
          • Feb 2006

I have seen same onces at local dealer 1.5years ago. Was letting it go for really good price as floor model.
          Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
          PSB T6,
          Velodyne SPL 1000R
          Rotel RSX-1057
          Rotel RB-1070
          OPPO 103
          Apple TV
          [

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI All,
            I think they are stunning as is the whole system. If I had the opportunity I would have bought them.

Sparky

Comment

• Guy
              • Jan 2006

Beautiful looking speakers. I think you would have paid almost double the price of the standard 805s at the time to get hold of these.

Comment

• JimTW
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Karma
                HI All,
                I think they are stunning as is the whole system. If I had the opportunity I would have bought them.

Sparky
                Sparky,

Any ideas what that piece of equipment in the middle towards the
                front with some tubes on it is? And why is it sitting on a few plates
                of wood padding?

Tks!

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI Jim,
                  Don't know the amp. The wood may be used for decoupling from the floor but that's just a guess. Maybe it's there to make it look good. IMO, it works .

Comment

• Joey_V
                    • Jul 2005

I LOVE Tiger's Eye finish.... imagine that on the 800!

STUNNING hi end speaker indeed! ;x(

I bow down.
                    Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                    Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• scottielee
                      • Apr 2005

that is the awesome Reimyo PAT-777 300B SET amp supported by Harmonix TU-201 tuning feet, along with CDP-777 CD player, CAT-777 preamp, and ALS-777 power conditioner. stuff dreams are made of...

Comment

• scottielee
                        • Apr 2005

wait a minute, Signature 805 (88db minimum 4.6ohms) with an SET amp???
                        hmmm......darn......my fever rises once again......ahhh!!!

Comment

• JimTW
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by scottielee
                          wait a minute, Signature 805 (88db minimum 4.6ohms) with an SET amp???
                          hmmm......darn......my fever rises once again......ahhh!!!
                          Scottie,

Why is ur fever rising when u see SET amp with Sig 805?
                          Please explain? Newbie here.

Thanks!

Btw, that PAT 777 300B SET amp costs $25k!

Comment

• scottielee
                            • Apr 2005

since the Signature 805 aren't terribly efficient, i've always thought that a low wattage SET amp, such as the 7watt PAT-777, would not be a good match. but i do love that sweet 300B SET magic when paired with efficient speakers. the above show setup is inspiring me to be brave enough to ignore the specs and at least try. since i have a sub already, what do i have to loose?
                            8O :drool: :-y :sos: :crazy: :dance: :spin: :rollhead:

Comment

• nyny
                              • Jul 2004

We can always count on Scott to come to the rescue :T

Scott, you should save up for new speakers man...hehe. I am still waiting for my stuff to arrive...it's such a pain waiting for my toys!!!!
                              Tony

Comment

• JimTW
                                • Apr 2005

since the Signature 805 aren't terribly efficient, i've always thought that a low wattage SET amp, such as the 7watt PAT-777, would not be a good match. but i do love that sweet 300B SET magic when paired with efficient speakers. the above show setup is inspiring me to be brave enough to ignore the specs and at least try. since i have a sub already, what do i have to loose?
                                8O :drool: :-y :sos: :crazy: :dance: :spin: :rollhead:
                                How come that amp is only 7 watts? What's the equivalent number
                                of wattage per channel put out by that amp compared to regular
                                amps?

Comment

• scottielee
                                  • Apr 2005

hang in there Tony!!!
                                  it sure is tough to save with this hobby :lol: i think i will never be able to save enough for my next speakers...

hi Jim,
                                  there are many types of amplification such as push pull, single ended triode, output transformerless, transistor...all of which i am not knowledgeable enough to explain in detail. some output more wattage on paper than others, but what does that mean for our speakers? don't know for sure until we try!

Comment

• JimTW
                                    • Apr 2005

hi Jim,
                                    there are many types of amplification such as push pull, single ended triode, output transformerless, transistor...all of which i am not knowledgeable enough to explain in detail. some output more wattage on paper than others, but what does that mean for our speakers? don't know for sure until we try!
                                    Cool! So what speakers are you saving up for? I think you said somewhere
                                    you've had these Sig 805s for about 2 years now and have been thoroughly
                                    enjoying them? You have a sub with your system right? Is it well integrated?

Comment

• scottielee
                                      • Apr 2005

i am saving up for either Acapella Violon, Tannoy Westminster, TAD Model 1, or B&W Model Nautilus...8O :lol:

no doubt i love my Signature 805. they are not perfect, but enough for me to keep them forever. i also have a Velodyne DD-12. works for me :T check out my homepage for more info.

Comment

• JimTW
                                        • Apr 2005

i am saving up for either Acapella Violon, Tannoy Westminster, TAD Model 1, or B&W Model Nautilus...8O :lol:

no doubt i love my Signature 805. they are not perfect, but enough for me to keep them forever. i also have a Velodyne DD-12. works for me :T check out my homepage for more info.
                                        Thanks Scottie. You got mail.

Comment

• texasbwfan
                                          • Sep 2005

The "Tiger's Eye" photos posted above are incredible. I decided to do a search myself and found the below link. Wow...I too would have chosen this finish had it been available at the time when I purchased my existing gear. Stunning!

Enjoy
                                          texasbwfan

Comment

• Ryx
                                            • Oct 2005

Model Nautilus.......:drool:

if the price of the speakers don't scare you off, the price of 8 capable monoblock (or 4 stereo) amplifires just might.

the 25Hz - 20kHz ± 0.5dB frequency responce is pretty inpressive, and it continues down to 10Hz at -6dB!! needless to say there is no need for a seperate sub with those bad boys!

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"