X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AV-walker
    • Jan 2006

703 or 805 within a small room

I have a small room of 7'(W) x 13' (L) x 8' (H). I'm considering B&W 805 and 703. Auditioning in dealer's room is prefectly fine. But I'm not sure

1) 703 can stay comfortably in my small.
    2) 805 without sufficient bass.

Help!
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

No offense, but with that width your room is about the size of a closet. You may have problems getting a good seating position free from boundary effects.

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by shadow
      No offense, but with that width your room is about the size of a closet. You may have problems getting a good seating position free from boundary effects.
      lol... man, what nerves... lol... I couldn't stop laughing when I read this. I'm just playing though.
      "Well my room is bigger than yours!" lol

Seriously speaking though, the room is pretty narrow and I think the 703 may be a little too much bass for a room that size. The 703 and 805 have a different sound, so it also depends on what type of music you like. But I think for the size of the room, the 805s will do just fine. Listen to both, but I do feel the 703s will be overbearing in a room that size.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

I'd take the 805s as well, the room is a bit too small for floorstanders.

Comment

• Joey_V
          • Jul 2005

703 has the FST and this is its major selling point over the 805. For me, I would get the 703... small room or not.
          Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
          Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
          System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"