X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fozzer424
    • Jan 2010

B&W Bookshelf Speakers and Room Size

I'm having a look at some of B&W's bookshelf/monitor offerings (CM5, PM1, 805 Diamond). I know they're certainly more suited for smaller rooms, but how big is "too big" when it comes to room size with these types of speakers? Are there any guidelines or rules that you've learned over the years which have led you to judge the appropriate room size for such speakers?
  • Antioch
    • Feb 2013

How the room is treated e.g. carpet vs hardwood, any sofas or easy chairs, can you add sound traps etc may play as big or bigger role than pure room size. If you can, take the speakers home for an audition and let your ears be the judge.

Good Listening,
    Mike

Comment

• 18inch
      • Jan 2014

i have the 685 for over 5-6years now... tried it numerous places in the house... in the living room have a huge soundstage, its like they are fully breathing , although the bass still there, its lot less 'punchy' and engaging... in my room they are the contrary, less 'airy' more bassy...

details of the sounds are the same though i find, its just how the frequency wave travels around the room that changes, the energy is different... for example i find they sound much more 'natural' and concert-like in a living room, also a lot less fatiguing, compared to in the smaller room its very engaging but lacks the 'openess' and is more fatiguing on the long run lol... but still, both are good, just different, its all about physics!

hope that helps

Comment

• JohnBowers1
        • Aug 2013

I think the PM1's are an amazing speaker, they have the best sound stage I've heard for a longtime, did you addition them, what did you think?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"