X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • romnation
    • Jan 2010

Minimum room size for 802D?

I'm wondering how big of a room I need for these speakers, and to not get bass boom. I would be running them with a sub (crossing over at 80hz) Is a 13x24x8ft room too small for the 802D? (Would be using short wall placement) I can move them maybe 2-3ft out from the side and back walls.
  • ninja12
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by romnation
    I'm wondering how big of a room I need for these speakers, and to not get bass boom. I would be running them with a sub (crossing over at 80hz) Is a 13x24x8ft room too small for the 802D? (Would be using short wall placement) I can move them maybe 2-3ft out from the side and back walls.
    No, your room is definitely not too small for the 802Ds. To avoid bass boom, you may have to look into getting some room treatments to help tame your room.

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ninja12
      No, your room is definitely not too small for the 802Ds. To avoid bass boom, you may have to look into getting some room treatments to help tame your room.

romnation,

I totally agree with this. I have 802D's in an 11 x 16 foot room. Even before room treatments they sounded quite excellent.

I too am on the short wall.

However, once I got some bass traps in the corners behind the 802D's, the performance was noticeably improved. I used Real Traps.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• scanido
        • Apr 2006

Running mine in a 17' x 12' room and doesn't seem like the speakers over power the room so you should be fine.

You likely would have more issues with the sub bass. I would look at dropping that xover in the 40-50hz range if the bass is too much. Let the 802D's more accurate woofers handle the upper bass. This of course depends on how much power you have driving the speakers.

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Hi at all,

I run my 802di in my room 6 x 9 meter and sound very good.

I set at 60hz, the system is placed in a half room not used the 9 meter as "basis"....but is very good.

greets style

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"