What makes you addicted to your B&W speakers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimTW
    • Apr 2005

What makes you addicted to your B&W speakers?

I haven't heard as many speakers as most of you, but it was love
    at first sight with the B&W speakers. I love the way how clearly
    the speakers reproduce music and voice, and I especially love the
    looks of the 800 series. The rounded tapered look and the microphone
    looking tweeter. Next purchase will be some 800 series speakers.

What's your addiction with the B&W speakers? (all models)
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

I love the Kevlar FST; it's B&W best advantage over the competition I think

Comment

• JKalman
      • Nov 2005

The Diamond series in general. While I did like the sound of the 703s when I had them, they did sound a bit harsh at times.

In terms of the 802 Diamonds...

Sound:
      The solid cabinetry of the 802D. The stiffness of the diamond tweeter, which effectively killed the old B&W stereotypical "harshness"/"brightness" and ushered in a new golden age. The generous bass extension. The resolution of the sound. The stability of the soundstage image.

Visual Aesthetics:
      The marlin head looks stunning IMO. Definitely a pretty speaker, though the bottom on the 802D looks a little cheaper when compared to the metal on the base of the 800D. It looks like someone definitely spent time sexing the larger speakers up, not just in terms of the phallic curvature. LOL. OK, I don't feel this way about the 801Ds though. To me they look ugly because their width throws off the symmetry which the 800D and 802D so elegantly showcase.

Comment

• scottielee
        • Apr 2005

i love my signature 805 for their:

1. special sonic character - they are not the most transparent nor the smoothest that i have heard, but i immediately connected with their tonal balance and confident voice at first listen. they sang to me the song of pride, audacity, passion, and potential. over the past 2 years they have proofed their worthiness to me.

2. original Nautilus heritage, design, and technology

3. beautiful cabinetry and craftsmanship

4. efficiency and compatibility with tube amplification

:rollhead:
        scott

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI All,
          For me, three things:

First, it's the overall sonic balance of B&W designs. They do everything well within the design goals.

Next are the Matrix boxes. Just like the Wilson WATTS/PUPPIES, the boxes add very little to the signature of the speakers. I don't think, however, they are as good as the Wilson designs. But close. The Matrix bracing makes a real difference.

Last are the tweeters. I don't like very many tweeters. Of those I do like most are British. Of those, I like B&W's tweeters best. They really are quite good.

Sparky

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"