X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pio
    • Nov 2005

802 Rolloers are ruining my floor!!!

Help! My wife is about to have a cow, everytime I move the speaker on its rollers in dents the wooden floor. What are the options? Do you have any pics?
    Stereo: Revel F208, Parasound JC2, JC1's, Oppo HA-1, VPI, Dynavector, Moon

HT: B&W 802D2, 805S, HTM4, Marantz, OPPO BDP95, Velodyne DD-12's

HP / secondary system: Woo Audio W2, Carver Sunfire, Kef LS50, Denon, and too many headphones to list
  • Marlboroman
    • Aug 2005

This used to happen to me when I had a hardwood floor and 802s, I always wanted to try those magic disc things that you place under stuff and it makes heavy items slide easy. I never found a solution to it happening to me though. It seemed as though the floor was too soft.

Comment

• csuzor
      • Nov 2004

For a fraction of what the 802 cost you, get the floors redone with harder wood or carpet or tiles... it should keep your wife happy, and you can then keep your 802!

Comment

• misterdoggy
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

There are plastic sheets that are thick that some use in offices on carpet where people roll their chairs so it doesn't hurt the carpeting. Its thick and transparent and you can use that or even something like that temporarily until you switch to spikes where you have discs which don't hurt the floor.

Quick solution stick magazines or something to protect the floor immediately until more permanent solution is figured out.They will "dent" your wood floors just as they are.

Comment

• tmt
          • Jan 2005

lol I just got the same problem last weekend.
          I moved in with my girfriend (until my new house is built) and my 802s could only fit in the bedroom. I unpacked the speakers and started rolling them around...leaving a nice trail in the wooden floor. :E

BTW she calls my 802s the star-wars speakers :roll:

Comment

• Spearmint
            • Sep 2004

How about some furniture cups?
            Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• misterdoggy
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

Originally posted by Spearmint
              How about some furniture cups?
              Duh !!

why didn't I think of that ?

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI doggy,
                Cause speakers are not funiture. You assumed the logical thing, thats all. :W

Sparky

Comment

• misterdoggy
                  Super Senior Member
                  • May 2005

Its really a good idea. After they are in the cups you can slide them to where they could go. If the gups a tacky then put some felt so they can slide.

Of course this is contrary to the belief that they should be on spikes and rigidly fixed, but we must consider the floor.

Comment

• goffriller
                    • Jan 2006

get sound anchors
                    It improves the sound too
                    G

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"