X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alpina
    • Nov 2005

FPM Series for rears in HT setup

Hi all,

Anyone using these speakers for rear surround in a HT setup?

Front end will be 705s with HTM7

Thinking of using FPM6 on either side of rear wall, inline with sofa.

What does everyone think?

Regards,

Julie
    My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

I have a full FPM setup for my home theater. I'm using FPM 4s for my surounds and they do the job very well. There is no difference between the FPM 4 and FPM 5, but the FPM 6 has bigger drivers.

Personally because im so happy with mine i dont think yo could go wrong with getting a pair.
    What color are you thinking?

Comment

• alpina
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Vancouver
      I have a full FPM setup for my home theater. I'm using FPM 4s for my surounds and they do the job very well. There is no difference between the FPM 4 and FPM 5, but the FPM 6 has bigger drivers.

Personally because im so happy with mine i dont think yo could go wrong with getting a pair.
      What color are you thinking?
      Hi Vancouver,

Was thinking silver on silver. What colours are yours?

How did you direct these speakers? My concerns is that they will be inline with our sofa and not pointed at the listener.

Just toying with the idea atm - they look great but not sure I can get them to work in our room

Cheers,

Julie
      My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by alpina
        Hi Vancouver,

Was thinking silver on silver. What colours are yours?

How did you direct these speakers? My concerns is that they will be inline with our sofa and not pointed at the listener.

Just toying with the idea atm - they look great but not sure I can get them to work in our room

Cheers,

Julie
        I have piano black and get as many compliments on the way they look as the way they sound.

I understand your concern and can give you two perspectives.

1. Surounds dont need to be facing directly at you. Unlike any other B&W speaker the FPM are designed to be sound good next to or right against a wall. In my situation they are not pointed directly right at the listener because they are on the wall pointing straight and not toe in.

2. You can get stands for the FPMs which alow you to point the speakers right at the listener. Stands are made by B&W and look great.

scroll to the bottom of this page to see my setup:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"