X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AV-walker
    • Jan 2006

AV amp for S603S3

Usually, I'll spend 90% in listening classic music and 10% on movie. I'm considering to purchase an AV amp to match my B&W 603S3 speakers. AV amplifiers being considered are:

Denon 3805 (US$900)
    Onkyo 989 ($2,000 a bit expensive)
    Rotel 1056 ($ ???)
    Rotel 1067 ($ ???)

Please kindly advise your opinion.

Brgds,
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

I'm surprised you havent got any replies.Anyhow i have the 603s3's w/rotel rsx1056 and absolutley love the combo.I dont care for denon but thats me.As far as the 1067 it's a great receiver but the 1056 plus an amp in my opinion will outdo the 1067 and be less costly.The only difference between the 2 i beleive is the 25 more watts and the 7 channels for the 1067.I dont think it's worth double the cost.But again thats just me i'm sure you'll get different opinions.

Comment

• Gump
      • Sep 2005

I ran my 604's with a Marantz a/v receiver sr8200 and they sounded great. Onkyo is also very good.

Comment

• jim777
        • Mar 2005

Did you even consider staying in stereo only? You could be surprised with the RA1062 and you would have enough money left for a RDV1050 or RCD1072

BTW, if you give more details (what do have already, etc), you might get more answers

Comment

• AV-walker
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by jim777
          Did you even consider staying in stereo only? You could be surprised with the RA1062 and you would have enough money left for a RDV1050 or RCD1072

BTW, if you give more details (what do have already, etc), you might get more answers
          I have almost nothing except an entry level AV amp Denon 1404. And, I'm considering to setup a stero config including CD player, amp and speakers (existing front speakers are Infinity EL20). My budget is about US$2,500 altogether. With this limited moneny, what stero combination is the best. By the way, my music collections are mainly classics.

Brgds,

Comment

• jim777
            • Mar 2005

Do you want two completly different setups (stereo & multichannel) or can you choose to go stereo only with your 603s3's or something?

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
              • May 2004

Check out the new Outlaw receiver, reviews from various places say it slays every receiver under $2000. I think it is 8-900. Good luck.
              Steel

Comment

• Angioguy
                • Nov 2005

How about an Arcam?

Have you considered Arcam-- specifically the AVR-300? Price is ~$2100. Fabulous 7.1 AV receiver from a company with a splendid reutation... before plopping down 2K for the Onkyo, give this one a listen!

Dave :T
                B&W 802D, HTMS-4; Velodyne DD-12, Arcam AVR-300, McIntosh MC-402, Musical Fidelity KW-SACD, Pioneer Elite

"... these go to eleven."

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"