X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HibbardSmith
    • Jan 2004

B&W CM1/CM2 breaking up

I have a pair of B&W CM1's sitting atop a pair of CM2 SubWoofers. I got them around 1987. They have always been absolutely wonderful.

Now, however, one of them has started breaking up quite badly at any level above 80 db. It seems okay but with occasional raspiness below this level. I'm pretty sure it's the CM1 that's blown, but I'm going to check that out tonight. I know it's in the speaker(s) from swapping cables around. Is there any chance this can be fixed? If so, how and where? I'm pretty sure it's a blown driver.

Lacking a repair job, how about some suggestions for what to use (B&W of course) to replace them. My speaker line up looks like this:
    CM1/CM2 SW Mains
    CDM-CSE Center
    DS6-S3 Surrounds
    ASW-CDM Sub
    All driven with a Rotel 1098 and ATI 1505 Power Amp. We like both HT and good listening and my present setup does both quite well.

If I have to replace the CM1/CM2's, I'd like to try and match with the rest of my speakers. I really don't want to start off replacing the mains and end up going for everything.

Smitty,
    Hibbard T. Smith, JR
    smitty@essnjay.com
    Smitty,
    Hibbard T. Smith, JR
    smitty@essnjay.com
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"