704/htm7 to 804s/htm3s, what about surrounds?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mafoo
    • Nov 2004

704/htm7 to 804s/htm3s, what about surrounds?

I'm likely going to be trading up my 704/HTM7 combo for 804s/HTM3S. My surrounds are currently DS7's, and am wondering what I really have to gain for trading up to SCMS or DS8s. From specs, it looks like bottom end might drop from 80Hz +/-3db to 60Hz +/-3db. The primary of use of my surrounds is for movies, and I have very few multi-channel DVD-A/SACD titles. Any thoughts? Anyone w/ experience w/ SCMS or DS8s?
  • tdiciple
    • Nov 2005

mafoo,

I am sure you would enjoy the upgrades from 704/HTM7 to 804S to HTM3S. the 804S & HTM3S contains the FST driver that will make a huge difference in the performance of your system.

As far as surrounds goes, I really have no opinion on the difference between DS7 or DS8.

And per the 80Hz to 60Hz drop; I don't think it should matter much if you have a sub and you put the crossover point at 80hz.

Comment

• grit
      • Jan 2005

I've got 703's, HTM7, and 705's, and I can tell ya, I hear a disparity between the HTM7 and 703's. Really can't tell a difference with the 705's, even though they have the same crossover and driver system as the HTM7.

My best guess is that because of the proximity and limited amount of information coming from the surrounds (for DTS and DD 5.1), you'll get by. If you want to do DVD audio or SACD, that's a different story I'd think.

Comment

• Kobus
        • Aug 2005

Keep your surrounds.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"