X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinoy_g35
    • Sep 2005

Outlaw Audio vs Rotel to power 703s

I finally got my 703s a week ago but unfortunately they're still sitting in my friend's basement at the moment until we can finally close on my new house in 2 weeks.
    I've come across Outlaw Audio www.outlawaudio.com and they have this great combo 990 pre and 7125 amp that delivers 7x125w. This combo is very tempting and I've read good reviews about them too.
    For the Rotel side, I'm planning to get the RSX-1056 and add the RMB-1075 which is only 5x120w.
    I haven't heard the two set-ups but outlaw audio does the 30-day home audition since it's an internet only seller. I don't know if Rotel dealers in my area will allow me to test their products in my home.
    Comments? Suggestions?
  • asrovnal
    • Jan 2005

I have a full complement of 700 series and just added a Denon AVR 3806 to power things up. The 703s sound very very good. The Denon 3086 gives you the ability to bi-amp (passive) through simple OSD setup even a dedicated SW crossover point for 2 channel listing, I used 40Hz. Besure to set the SW to LEF + Mains in the 2 channel set up area. For multiple cahnnel I have the corssover point set to 60Hz. The 3806 has more than enough power to run the 2 703, 2 705, and 1 HMT7 to ear bleading levels. Also enough adjustments to keep one bussy for a long time if so desired.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"