X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoNic2
    • Nov 2005

Need help deciding fast

Hi everyone

In next few days I have to decide will I buy 805S and 855 sub or 804S and HTM-3. 855 have best bass but first combo lacks FST midrange. What would you buy and why?

Thanks very much :T
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

What do you spend most of your time listening to, movies or music? If it's movies you are primarily into, then I would go with the 805S's and the ASW825 (instead of the ASW855) plus I would add the HTM4S, works out to be about the same price as the 804S's and HTM3S. If it is music, then I would take the 804S's and HTM3S, but you will sacrifice LFE without having a subwoofer when you do watch movies.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• kurtholz
      • Feb 2005

hmmm, i would do the 803d,or find some used 803N forget the center and sub, do an htm1 center later, sub wise i would pass on B & W and go velodyne, my two cents

Comment

• NoNic2
        • Nov 2005

Sistem would be used about 40% movies,30/30 music and games. If I go 805/855 amp would be 1075 (or maybe 1077) or in secound option more powerful 1095.
        Thing is in secound option I would have six extra woofers in bass but I guess they will be blown away from much more powerul 855. Eather way I go this must be long term buy. 803D and HTM1D are way out off my budget. :M

Comment

• NoNic2
          • Nov 2005

I will go with 805S/855 combo and will post pictures when I get them.

Comment

• tdiciple
            • Nov 2005

Hi No Nic,

I would recommend getting a used 804, HTM1/HTM7 or HTM2, and get some other brand subs.

Used N804/804S: 2500-3500.
            Used HTM1 - $1300
            Used HTM2 - $750
            Used HTM7 - ??

Great Subs for less than B&W (Velodyne SPL Series II, new - $1000)

If you are getting the 805S, you will still need to buy the stand anyhow, and that will cost another $300-$500

Also Great surrounds for only $500.00 ^_^ (Don't kill me for this)
            Axiom Audio QS800

Search the review on the web, tons of well known reviewer have great review for this product. I just bought it about a month ago, and I am in Home theater heaven now.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"