X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • springer49
    • Oct 2004

deciding on new toys

I have just recently sold my beloved 803D's and the Htm3S and I will probably get new 802D's with the HTM2D center but I was wondering if anyone out there has had a chance to listen to the Dali M5 and it's companion middle speaker.
    The Dali dealership is 2 1/2 hours away so comparative listening isn't going to work. I love the 802D's but was trying to keep my options open. Any thoughts?
    I listem mostly to music, DVD-audio, then 30% movies.
  • tdiciple
    • Nov 2005

I heard from a dealer in NV that swears that Dali is better than B&W. However I never heard one so I don't know.

Then again, we are in Club B&W, so I would think that the opinions would be a little bit bias here.

Comment

• tdiciple
      • Nov 2005

Another options besides Dali, is Revel Speaker, Either the ultima series (they have been arround quite a while) or the new Performa F52.

However, this forum is geared more toward B&W. Try putting it on Avsforum for speaker, maybe you will get more input there.

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Bias towards B&W Speakers?????? not here...... :rofl:
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

There are pleanty of good speaker manufacturers ("assemblers") out there... today. Question is, where will they be tomorrow?

When I look back 20 years ago (when I bought my first pair of B&W speakers) "some" people were saying the same thing about B&W then as they do now. Intresting that most of those guys are no longer around and B&W still is! Take that to your "Dali" dealer, tdiciple. LOL
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• tdiciple
            • Nov 2005

I am not saying Bias. I am saying geared toward B&W. The reason I said that is because we are under Club B&W Speaker forum.

Comment

• RobP
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

There are other great speakers out there, but like Rebelman said, how long will they be there? Alot of these companies use drivers that can be purchased by any of us off the shelf and for some reason that really bugs me.
              I remember the first time that I heard the Wilson Audio Watt Puppy, I really liked the way it sounded and still do but I kept looking at that Focal tweeter,the Scanspeak Midbass driver and the Dynaudio Woofers thinking $23k????......:huh:
              Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"