X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikej
    • Oct 2005

sunfire jr and dm601/2 or 602/3 with marantaz 7400/7500

I trying to decide on my new system for both music and HT, I really want to match the carver sunfire jr SW with a set a "decent speakers" such as dm601/2 or 602/3 with a lcr60 or 600 center with marantaz 7400/7500. I could save $400-500 on the sub and get higher speakers, but then a lower sub. What do you think?
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

For $500 more on speakers, you're not going to get much. The 600 series floor standing speakers jump up more than $500. I would actually prefer the 602/LCR600 combination with the sub. The 602 go pretty low so you would have a nice frequency response when combined with the sub. Plus a sub is great with movies. I had 601 with the Marantz 6400 and it sounded really good. I'm sure your planned combo would sound great as well.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

I concur a sub is crucial to HT. That being said I currently own the Sunfire Signature Sub and enjoy it, these subs are very placement sensitive.

My story, I had sent in my Sunfire Sig for repair, and my dealer loaned me a Sunfire Jr. I found this sub great for music (very fast), but somewhat lacking in HT (maybe because I was use to the Sunfire Signatures's umph).

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"