X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monk_d_syple
    • Oct 2005

Trading in My 602s + lcr60 for...

Hi guys,

if you visited my thread "serious problem with my 600series". You would know my situation.
    Anyway today I went to the store and asked the rep about the foams. We quickly started conversing about my sound issue. We went to the listening room but, he only had 603s and 604s available. So I listened to those. The 604s definitely have the better sound for me. Much more enveloped, precise sound. He made me an irrefusable deal, along with the lcr600. I'm really tempted to go for it. Basically spending about 1000 bucks more. This includes:

604s
    lcr600
    hifi specktra table
    full installation (clean up the mess the previous installer made wire-wise)

What do you guys think? I have the layout of my room in the other post. Is it worthwhile? Please tell me soon, 'cause I have a few days next week and the delivery could be ready for then. Cheers fellas
  • Lewing
    • Oct 2004

My opinion is that why not you ask your dealer to let you take home those 604s for audition for a week or so, that way you can see how much different the 604s can make compared to the 602s you owned.
    Live to Eat, Live to enjoy Music :T

http://community.webshots.com/user/lewing79

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

You should 1) bring the speakers you purchase and listen to them at the dealership or 2) ask to audition the other speakers in your home. Most high end dealership will let you borrow the speakers for 24-48 hours, sometimes with a safety deposit or just a credit card. Then you can see if it's your home layout or the speakers themselves. Good luck.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• monk_d_syple
        • Oct 2005

Cheers for the advice. The technician is coming over with the new ones. We will test them and if I'm satisfied I will go ahead and keep them. I just read on the b&w homepage that the 604s are suited for larger rooms. Though, I've seen some home layouts on this site with people with 800s in 3 by 5s meters. Would they really be that big for my 3 by 6 room?

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

Believe it or not, the way the room is furnished makes a big difference. You really need to hear 'em at home to decide. You've got a pretty good dealer if he'll bring 'em over to ya. Let us know what you hear. Oh and yeah, to my ear, when I listened to the 600 series, the 604's were substantially better.

Comment

• beehive
            • May 2005

i think the 602 is still the best among the 600's, not to
            mention the price.( IMHO )

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"