X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monk_d_syple
    • Oct 2005

Just got 604s. Size+room questions

Hello guys,

I just got 604s today. I tried, and compared them at the dealership and found their sound to be perfect for my pocket range. So they arrived today and sound great, but OMG are they huge! I've been comparing the dimensions with the other series and these are still in the small range. How do you guys feel, having such monsters in your living room. I mean the 7 and 8 series are huge and some of your pic post show small rooms. My room is a 4 by 6 meters. But as i said earlier the sound is great! I think for subtilty the 805s are the way to go. Those things are gorgeous, but $$.
    Last edited by monk_d_syple; 08 December 2005, 16:12 Thursday.
  • LeeDempsey
    • Sep 2005

Re 600 series

Welcome!

I'm a fan of the 600 series, owning a pair of 603 S3's myself (more than ample enough for my 12' x 15' listening room, and gentle on the budget of a working man with a wife and kids). IMHO, the speaker dimensions are amazingly SMALL for a floorstander with their frequency response and output. Yes, they are deep, but width was more of a concern to me (well, my wife). In fact, when I was in the store auditioning them, I had a standard U.S.-sized 8 1/2" x 11" memo pad on which I was taking listening notes, and I was amazed when I sat it down on top of the speaker, that the pad was bigger than the top of the speaker!

Enjoy your 604's. I agree with Stereophile, that the 600 series are some of the best bargains in audio today.

LED

Comment

• Lestat
      • Nov 2005

The size is part (but not only) reason I looked at the XT4's. Sound that equals the 700 series, but in a smaller package. Because room size IS a problem, however much we want, not everyone can afford to let the speakers decide how and where we live.

L.

Comment

• monk_d_syple
        • Oct 2005

Hi fellas,

Well I'm getting used to the size of them. I've found ways to cover the deepness. They do look nice without the grill. On a technical matter. How long does one have to wait to get the ultimate sound from speakers. Right now the sound is good but not as great as at the store. Finally, when I have the ctr spk lcr600 dominating the out source (dolby dig or PLII C) my ears really get a beating. It's actually worrying me. I've dropped down the bass and put in the foam (bit better). Is this a getting used factor or should I take this seriously?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"