X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xk8boy
    • Jul 2005

802Ds and Classe Monoblock Indecision

i have an opportunity to, if i wanted, to buy a pair of monoblocks for my 802D. Right now they're driven by the classe's CA-5200 multichannel amp. Dont get me wrong there's nothing wrong with this 200W beast of an amp and I loving it - which is the reason why I'm so undecided.

I would like to hear what you guys think? I'm open to any "sensible" suggestions. Are there any reasons to upgrade? oh btw, we're talking about the classe CA-M400? thats 4K a pop and i'll need two.
  • SRT-10 Viper
    • Mar 2005

I have the Classe 350/CAMS with 800Ds... THey are great... If you can audition, that would be the way to decide... You could use the 5200 for the other 5 channels if you have a 7.1 system.

Comment

• Andorian
      • Jun 2005

Hi,

I cant help you....(sorry!)
      (802D and CA2200). you are using two channels for them right now (one each i guess)?
      I am into the same debat, whether or not to think about Ca-400s.
      I would love to hear your results.

Andor.

Originally posted by xk8boy
      i have an opportunity to, if i wanted, to buy a pair of monoblocks for my 802D. Right now they're driven by the classe's CA-5200 multichannel amp. Dont get me wrong there's nothing wrong with this 200W beast of an amp and I loving it - which is the reason why I'm so undecided.

I would like to hear what you guys think? I'm open to any "sensible" suggestions. Are there any reasons to upgrade? oh btw, we're talking about the classe CA-M400? thats 4K a pop and i'll need two.

Comment

• xk8boy
        • Jul 2005

viper, i guess you're right. i need to hear the combo together.

Andorian, the 802Ds are driven by the CA5200, using two of the 5 channels.

On the one hand, I'm in no doubt that the M400 will drive the 802D better but, on the other, I more than happy with the 5200. My dedicated room, isnt a big so i dont need to crank up the volumn. I had thought, about bi-amping the 5200 to the 802D, but i dont not will the gain would be worthwhile. So my though turned back onto the M400.

I'm at a lost with this conundrum.

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
          • Mar 2005

xk8boy;

You can do what I did... Buy CAM/350s used... You can get them for $4K or a little less. Then if you decide to sell, they would keep their value.
          Last edited by SRT-10 Viper; 19 October 2005, 07:34 Wednesday. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"