X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bullitt731
    • Aug 2005

Best B & W Rotel 1067 Match Up

As a new member I have to tell you this is the best site going with great information abound. My local audio dealer after visiting my house is recommending I use an RSX1067 in my family room. Could you please give me some direction in terms of what the best speakers would be in conjunction with this receiver. I will using the system on a HT basis about 75% of the time. I could also use some help on choosing a DVD player as well.

Thanking you in advance, Ed
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

For your DVD player quesiton you should post in the Home Theater forum section of the guide and let people know what TV or projector you will be using...

For the speakers - it all depends on your budget and the space you have...

In the B&W range the B&W DM603 S3 loudspeaker is a great value choice as per this latest Stereophile review. Pair this up with the LCR 600 center and the DS6 or DM601s for rears, coupled with either the ASW650 or (if short of space) ASW675 will provide outstanding results...

If you have more money then you could try the 700 series with two excellent options - once based on using the 705 all roud and the HTM7 centre with the ASW750 sub, and the other using the 703 as fronts...

Geoff

Comment

• bullitt731
      • Aug 2005

Thanks for the advice, I will repost the DVD question as suggested. I have been considering the exact 600 system that you outlined. What I forgot to mention was I will be using a Velodyne F1000 10"sub kept from my old system. I think I would be happier with the 700 series if the 1067 will push them. I have no plans on getting on the upgrade band wagon I would prefer to get the best possible speaker to match the 1067 from the start. Ed

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

I use a Marantz 7300 OSE (110w) with my B&W 705 without any problems in either 2 channel or 6.1.
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• nyny
          • Jul 2004

Hi, my HT setup consists of 705s all around with the HTM7 center (and a Velodyne SPL-1200II sub). The speakers are driven by Rotel RMB-1075 amp and movies soundtrack/dialogues/affects sounded wonderful with them. Given that the 1075 and the 1067 have similar power rating, it should be able to push the 705s setup. However, if you go with the 703s front route, I am not sure if you will be able to get the best out of them with only Rotel receiver.

Given that you use your system for movies 75% of the time, I would definitely recommend the 705s all around setup.

Hope this helps.

Tony
          Tony

Comment

• bullitt731
            • Aug 2005

I understand that a matched set of speakers all around is best for HT but I was hoping to use a floor standing model up front to get away from the speaker stands. I doubt the 1067 could handle a 703/705 set up based on what I have read here. How about the 704s up front and 705s in the rear, anyone running this speaker set up?

Ed

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"