X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adeeb
    • Oct 2004

New Home Theater Setup - Need Advice on best Rotel(s) to use

I am planning my purchases for my new home theater and I need advice on which Rotel(s) would be best for me.

So far I have decided on the following speakers (I will be using 5.1 only and not 7.1):
    604 s3 fronts, LCR600 s3 center, DS6 s3 rears, ASW675 sub
    Note: would love to get the 700's but out of my price range.

My room is 4m (W) x 5.5m (L) x2.75m (H).

The setup will be used 60% for movies 40% for music, and I value the clarity and fidelity in the audio for both purposes.

I was originally planning on getting the RSX-1056, but I am concerned that the power will not be enough to get the best out of the speakers. I am not interested in loud volumes, but I want to make sure that the sound is clear and balanced at low to medium listening levels. Is the 1056 good enough for me or should I upgrade to the RSX-1067? Should I consider the route of a pre/pro...? Clearly, my budget is not open-ended, so I am looking for a good solution at a good value.

Thanks for your advice.
    Last edited by Adeeb; 12 October 2004, 00:57 Tuesday.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Adeeb,

My quick thoughts, 1056 and an RB-1080 (driving front channels).

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Elmac
      • Apr 2004

Ok Let summarize it for you. You have 4 options:
      1) RSX 1056 - $1299- 5x75W OK but you will find it not enough for your fronts
      2) RSX 1056 and RB1080 - $2299- Your front power problem is solve
      3) RSX 1067 - $2199- Plenty of power for all your speakers
      4) RSP 1068 and RMB 1075 - $2699- This combo will give you enough power for all your speakers allot of balance and easier to upgrade in the future.(I would ask your dealer a specially with that package he may give $300 off)

If I where you I would really consider option 4 and go with separates.
      Just my 2 cents
      Keep us posted on you decision
      Elmac
      All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience

Comment

• Adeeb
        • Oct 2004

Thanks for the info - especially listing the prices as they put things into perspective. I will ask my reseller to quote me for a couple of those options.

Would I lose any features on the pre/pro side by opting for the RSP 1068 vs the RSX 1067?

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

not that I know of, but you might have to buy more quality interconnects.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
            • May 2004

I would suggest a RSX-1056 and a RMB-1075 ($2300). You will have all the power that you need and you will get a tuner built in. This combo should save you a little cash instead of the RSP-1068 + RMB-1075 combo. The 1056 sounds very good as a preamp as well and you will have the internal amp channels in the 1056 to use for your center backs if you ever decide to upgrade to a 7.1 system in the future.

G.

:grab:

Comment

• Bandwagoner
              • Oct 2004

Nice prices. I feel i got ripped off now. Are you sure the 1068+1075 combo can be had for $2700? cuz i paid way more :cry: . I agree, if budget allows, option 4 is the way to go.

Cheers,
              jer

Comment

• JBall
                • Oct 2004

i would not discount just going with the 1067, i just installed mine and it seems like there is enough power to run the speakers you are proposing. I ordered the Nautilus 803's so to be sure i am adding a 1080 and bi-amping the fronts for 2 channel music. For movies i think the 1067 will run what you can bear to listen to for volume. You also get the 7.1 in case you want to go to this in the future or you can program those other two amps for a second zone. I am adding two speakers in my kitchen to balance out sound in great room with these two extra channels

Comment

• jlee
                  • Aug 2004

1068 is $1700 list, 1075 is $1000 list... so $2700 is list... if you live outside of North America, it's possible the price is higher due to shipping, duties, and taxes.

Comment

• Bandwagoner
                    • Oct 2004

Thought those prices were in Canadian dollars since poster lives in Toronto. Sorry for the confusion. Still a good deal considering the sound quality for the money. Im sticking with option #4 if one can swing it.

Cheers,
                    jer

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"