looking for speakers stands for 804S (not Sound Anchor)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

looking for speakers stands for 804S (not Sound Anchor)

Hi, i am looking for some nice stands for 804S. Searching this board, all I see mentioned are Sound Anchor (too ugly), Soundcare (just spikes), and Skylan (dont have what I am looking for).

What I am looking for is something more elegant and less obtrusive. Please see the attached photo of a Vienna Acoustics speaker with included stand. I really like the way these look. Are there any manufacturers of stands for 804 that look like this?

Thank you,
    Attached Files
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

I have been thinking of making my own stands for my N803's that look similiar to those you had pictured, my would follow the contour of the cabinet. I have the sound anchor stand for my center channel, it does a great job but it is a little ugly. Also for what they charge I could build them myself. Hmmmm maybe Im on to something here????
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• tboooe
      • Jun 2005

soundgravy: build it and they will come (at least I will anyway). Maybe we can help each other design and make one. In my past life I used to be an engineer so I could easily take your design and input into CAD so we can have a local machine shop make it.

Anyway, I would be interested in workign with you on this or just buying them from you...as long as I get something good to use.

Comment

• akhter
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by tboooe
        soundgravy: build it and they will come (at least I will anyway). Maybe we can help each other design and make one. In my past life I used to be an engineer so I could easily take your design and input into CAD so we can have a local machine shop make it.

Anyway, I would be interested in workign with you on this or just buying them from you...as long as I get something good to use.
        Very interested

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Soundgravy
          Hmmmm maybe Im on to something here????
          I think so. I stayed away from the stands tboooe mentioned for the same reasons. If you could utilize the mount points (holes) in the existing structure and follow the curvature that would be sweet! :T

Sign me up!
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

The design that I am thinking of would follow the contour of the cabinet and use the factory mounting holes. I am going to hopefully work on some ideas here in the next few weeks if I can get the spare time. When I come up with one Ill post a pic and see what you guys think. First I am going to have to design some using the footprint my N803's and then if things work out I will have to get the footprint of each one of the different models. I have been wanting to do this for quite awhile, I think its time. :T
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• jlee
              • Aug 2004

I actually had come up with designs for HTM1, HTM2, and 804 using the contours and stock mounting holes... they involved a design similar to the 802, 801, and 800 ... with granite base, aluminum poles.... well, let's just say they are an awesome design, but very expensive... and very heavy... I was going to make them for myself only... but then the new series came out, so I held off. From what I've seen, the dimensions have changed SLIGHTLY.

I came up with wall brackets for SCM1, 705, and CDM-1NT. If anybody wants to buy my CDM-1NT wall brackets, PM me.

Comment

• tboooe
                • Jun 2005

soundgravy: fantastic!! I look forward to seeing the design. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Comment

• RobP
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Ok guys, Here is a simple design that I wanted to use, it follows the same type of shape of the bottom of the 805 and HTM stands, I wanted mine to look like this so they would match all of my other B&W stands.
                  The speaker would sit down inside a cradle that follows the contour of the speaker and would use the speakers original spike holes to mount the speaker to the stand, I would make these of solid steel so they would be extra heavy, also not pictured are the spikes, but of course they would be there,they just wouldnt protrude too far below the stand. Let me know what ya think. but please....be gentle. :lol:
                  Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• tboooe
                    • Jun 2005

soundgravy, thanks for this!

I like the idea of trying to make it look like the base of the 805 stand. My only concern would be stability. Is the base wide enough? Were you thinking about 3 spikes (two in the front and one in the middle rear) or 4 spikes? I dont know much about how these types of stand affect sound but is solid steel the best material? Also, should they be solid or hollow? Hollow may be easier and cheaper to make since they can be made in to parts (top and bottom half) and they can then be filled with the appropriate sound deadening material. Is there enough threading of the spikes to allow of potential angle adjustment?

Aesthetically, I like it. Let's do it!

Comment

• RebelMan
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

Hmmm, I think I am liking this. Can you superimpose the speaker grill for comparison also?

If it is not too much trouble, add the center channel (with stand) and the right speaker so we can see the full effect.

Comment

• RobP
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

Here is a pic of the whole front end Rebelman with grills,
                        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RobP
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Nov 2004

Tboooe, I was thinking about using four spikes with enough room for adjustment for tilt. If this is made heavy enough stability and resonance wont be a problem.
                          Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RebelMan
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

Thanks SG. I think if the stand makes good solid contact with the base of the speaker the combination will act as one unit and the weight of the speaker should suffice in terms of resonance issues. This does not imply that the stand should be a light weight, but that it wouldn't have to be a heavy weight.

Comment

• akhter
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
                              Thanks SG. I think if the stand makes good solid contact with the base of the speaker the combination will act as one unit and the weight of the speaker should suffice in terms of resonance issues. This does not imply that the stand should be a light weight, but that it wouldn't have to be a heavy weight.
                              I was thinking the same thing. IMHO the 804s have enough mass, they just need to be redistributed to a larger footprint. If the spikes are diagonally 3-4" out from where the factory holes are, I think the speakers would be quite stable. I think the different Linn speaker lines use different clever and very asthetically pleasing designs to the same effect.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"