X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RacerChris
    • Oct 2004

Sound Anchor Stands for Nautilus 804s

For those that have these, can you tell me the difference between the speakers on spikes on carpet/pad and the speaker on the sound anchor stands that sit on carpet/pad? Does the stands have spikes that go through the carpet?

I notice alot of people seem to have these. Is this a worthwhile upgrade?
  • Fife
    • Apr 2004

Chris,
    I dont have 804s but I have heard 7NT's with regular B&W spikes and the speakers on Sound Anchors. The Sound Anchors have spikes that look like nails that do pierce the carpet.

There is a HUGE difference in soundstage and depth. Bass definitely tightens up as well.
    Definitely worth it in my books if you can afford it. You will not regret your purchase.
    Did I mention they will protect your from vacuum cleaners?

Comment

• RacerChris
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Fife
      Chris,
      I dont have 804s but I have heard 7NT's with regular B&W spikes and the speakers on Sound Anchors. The Sound Anchors have spikes that look like nails that do pierce the carpet.

There is a HUGE difference in soundstage and depth. Bass definitely tightens up as well.
      Definitely worth it in my books if you can afford it. You will not regret your purchase.
      Did I mention they will protect your from vacuum cleaners?
      Thanks for the input. It is really helpful to hear what others are experiencing.

I have heard some boominess without the stands; not sure if it is the source or resonance with the room. Hopefully the stands will tighten up the bass. I would presume that the stands help isolate vibrations from the speaker to the house and should help reduce vibrations through out. Would you agree? Also, would love to see what they look like in your install...

Thanks!

Comment

• EAmin
        • Aug 2004

SAs for 700s

I just purchased the anchors for 703s and an HTM7. I'm going on the positive feedback that I've heard in this forum. Also, they said the speakers would be more stable as I have two young kids. Will let you know how it sounds. Thanks!

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

I have the Sound Anchor Center Channel stand made for the B&Ws HTM centers. I only have LCR600 on it, but it is VERY stable. I got it used and paid $150 for it, very good find. I can use it for the HTM7s or HTM1s also.

Sound Anchors aren't cheap, but they're are very well made. Now I want a Sound Anchor component stand now as well.

Comment

• EAmin
            • Aug 2004

Thanks BlazeMaster! I got a call today from Sound Anchors telling me my stands are on the way. Can't wait to hear all three speakers on the stands.

Comment

• EAmin
              • Aug 2004

703 SA stands arrived...

...and they actually look pretty decent. However, they are kinda lengthy --- width seems perfect though. I thought it would be a more snug fit. No big though. Most important was the sound difference. Even my inexperienced ear could hear a difference. As people have mentioned, the bass is tighter and cleaner. It made a nice difference in the 2-channel, and a noticeable difference in HT too. I still have to play some more, but so far I'm liking it.

I'm still waiting on the center stand which should arrive mid next week.

Keep you posted!

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                • May 2004

EAmin, glad you're liking the stand for the 804s. But one word of caution, I don't think you should use the blue tacs that come with the Sound Anchor stands. I got Sound Anchor Center Channel Stands used, but the original owner gave me a set of the blue tacks, but he said they're so sticky when he pulled his speaker off the stand it took a chunk of the paint off the bottom of the speaker also. So, I'm using Museum Wax that I got from HomeDepot for like $10. It's much safer and still quite sticky also.

Comment

• jlee
                  • Aug 2004

Most of the B&W speakers have a "black base" that is not finished... so u won't risk damaging the finish... for the speakers that ARE finsiehd on the bottom, it is something to consider I suppose... I've had them on the bottom of 1NT speakers before with no problem... they were hard to get off, but not to the point or ripping the finish.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"