X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Sound Anchor Stands

I was recently given a pair of Sound Anchor stands as a early Xmas gift by my wife (what a woman!) for my B&W N803,s. After installing them I noticed how much the Bass response improved over the factory spikes, the improvement was not subtle at all and I am very happy with the performance.
    This got me to wondering if a stand for my subwoofer may yield similar results? Any thoughts?
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Congratulations Soundgravy !!

Merry Christmas Soundgravy, I guess X-Mas comes early at the Gravy house!! :T God Bless the wife

I've tried a stand with a subwoofer I had a couple of years ago, and Voila, I had more bass that filled the room, but it was more boomy IMHO ! :cry: That is why I have 2 ASW 855, and that eliminated my earge for more bass out of my system. ;x(
    And yes, sound anchors for floorstanders do work miracles ,and enhance the bass, and is not boomy at all, in fact, very pleasant! Love it :T

CONGRATULATIONS on those Sound Anchors Soundgravy, and I wish you many more pleasant X-Mas surprises from the Mrs.! :W

May all your B&W dreams and caviar wishes come all true my friend!

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...
    But if the White runs out,
    I'll drink the Red :rofl:

Cheers

Comment

• gross30
      • Jun 2005

Soundgravy, I purchased the Sound Anchor stands for my 801-S3's, C-3 center, and both DD-15's. I chatted with the rep for a while, on sizes of the subs etc., and very great to deal with. They had them made and shipped to Canada in 2 1/2 weeks. They never had the platform for the DD's at that time, and started from scratch, and completed in a very timely matter. As for the sound, I had to get the subs off the floor, as it is a wooden floor with a crawl space underneath. I played around with volume levels etc. and just couldn't adjust the subs so that they wouldn't be too overwhelming as my room size is not that large. After placing them on S/A stands I found a big difference, as the sound wasn't going through the floor. They seemed to match good with the older 801 S-3'S. I have the subs at 30 volume and it is plenty for the room.

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by chinets
        May all your B&W dreams and caviar wishes come all true my friend!

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...
        But if the White runs out,
        I'll drink the Red :rofl:

Cheers

Thanks Chinets! The same to you my friend!
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RobP
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Sounds like a mixed bag of results here, I think I may give it a try some time in the near future, Im not expecting huge gains in performance. But any positive gains, even small ones are welcomed :T . This is what makes the hobby fun for me, getting to explore and discover by expierementation with different ideas and techiniques is what keeps it exciting.
          Another idea that I seen was to actually place the subwoofer off the floor higher up on a stand. I think the idea came from ASC, the tube trap people. I wonder if this technique would offer any positive gains.
          Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• gross30
            • Jun 2005

:righton: I think you will notice a gain for sure. And you are right in the fact that trying things out are what make this hobby a riot.

Comment

• chinets
              • Jun 2005

You got it right Soundgravy, getting to explore and discover NEW things for your system is fun and keeps one's life exciting! :agree:

God Bless!

Comment

• Fife
                • Apr 2004

I have had Sound anchor stands for all my components but right now I am just using them for my center channel speaker, amp and projector. Everything in my system has improved when I used them. The ultimate would be a SA rack for all your equipment. An added benefit is that they also protect your equipmet from vacuum cleaners by raising them off the ground. Spikes are also included for free.

Some speakers may benefit and some may not. Some have yielded poor results but I have a feeling they may have placement issues in the first place. I know B&W speakers are very sensitive to positioning but they definitely work very well for B&W speakers and subs in general.

Comment

• Fife
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Soundgravy
                  Another idea that I seen was to actually place the subwoofer off the floor higher up on a stand. I think the idea came from ASC, the tube trap people. I wonder if this technique would offer any positive gains.
                  I have actually done this before with a Sound Anchor stand that raised my subwoofer 8 inches high. I dont think Height was an issue compared to placement in the room but I do know that on the SA stand, the bass was more tight and less locateable by ear.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"