X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigguyZ
    • Jan 2009

Speaker Spikes/ Feet

I don't remember exactly where I saw it, but I recently saw a picture of a DIY speaker that had some really coodl speaker spikes on it. The spikes were on the bottom of a "pod" that jutted out of the side corners, rather than just bein affixed to the bottom. I've seen that style foot/spike on some commercial speakers, but can't find anything on any speaker building websites/stores.

Anyone familiar with what I'm describing, and can you tell me where I can buy them?

Thanks!
    Travis
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Those were from PE and they were discontinued long ago..

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• ripcard
      • Sep 2008

Maybe mine?

Dynamic 2 T Mod
      Last edited by theSven; 04 April 2024, 17:48 Thursday. Reason: Remove broken url
      My CLD Dynamic 2T, 2CC, 1S and RBR builds. My CSS Quartet 15 build.

Comment

• BigguyZ
        • Jan 2009

YES! Those. Are they also discontinued? I really like that look...

Comment

• djn04
          • Dec 2008

These are nice also but not cheap. I bought the spikes only and made my own outriggers from MDF

Comment

• ripcard
            • Sep 2008

Nope, far from it. Check in my build thread for the link or go to the Canuck Audio Mart website and search for "Extender feet". A fellow by the name of Charles Gruss from FCC sells them. They are used by a Canadian high end speaker company around Toronto. They come in a couple of different versions. Not exactly cheap but very nice quality pieces.

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

SOLID ALLUMINUM Outrigger Extnder Feet for Most Floor Standing Speakers.Price is ONLY for SET of 8 Outrigger Feet. The Brass Spikes are sold Separately.Gives you better BASS Response and Speaker Stability by extending the 'Footprint' of thespeakers by +- 3".Feet are used with Large Brass spikes for...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• BigguyZ
                • Jan 2009

Wow, that is expensive, but I think worth it to get that look. Now where do you get those particular brass spikes?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that he sells those in another add on the same site. Wow, really $$$$.

Is that in Canadian $, or US$? Eh, I guess I'll find out when I order...

Comment

• ripcard
                  • Sep 2008

Canadian Tire money. For you...a 20+% discount. Might be duties bringing them across though.

Comment

• BobEllis
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Dec 2005

Considering the amount of metal they aren't out of line.

It would be a fairly small portion of the build price of a set of Statements, Khans or ZRTs even if the price was US$

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"