Which CD player do you use with your B&W 800 series?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Somphon
    • Aug 2005

Which CD player do you use with your B&W 800 series?

I see a lot of people uses Rotel system with their B&W speakers. Does anyone recommend other CD players that compliment the 800 series? I'm looking at something no more than $3000.

Thank you
  • ZX10 Guy
    • Mar 2005

Was running a Classe CDP .3 with mine until I upgraded to the Meridian 598DP/568.2MM combo.

Comment

• misterdoggy
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

I picked up an Ayre D-1X for $3000 but it is just a transport and you need a processor to run it. Sounds great !

Comment

• junior77blue
        • Nov 2004

oh no...this is gonna get moved QUICK....

I use adcom & marantz

Comment

• jlee
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Somphon
          I see a lot of people uses Rotel system with their B&W speakers. Does anyone recommend other CD players that compliment the 800 series? I'm looking at something no more than $3000.

Thank you
          Musical Fidelity A3.2CD (awesome bang for the buck)
          Musical Fifelity A5 (current) - WOW!!! is all I can say

Comment

• krellfan
            • Jul 2005

I would recommend a Wadia 302 for around $3k. I am on my 4th Wadia player now.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by junior77blue
              oh no...this is gonna get moved QUICK....
              Well, since I am in a good mood I have just copied it to Audio Hideout where it should get some action...

But it is a s t r e t c h to claim this as integration - I have left it here because there is a tenuous argument that the tonal characteristics of the CD player vs. the revealing tonal characteristics of the B&W 800 series is a valid integration issue...

Geoff

Comment

• Somphon
                • Aug 2005

Thanks Geoff, that's is my intention as I can get more direct answer from B&W owners here than in other forum as I dont care comments from those that dont use B&W.

Basically, I'm looking for a CD player to integrate in my B&W system.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

• misterdoggy
                  Super Senior Member
                  • May 2005

IWasn't Wadia just bought by someone ? I was thinking about Wadia alternative for CD

Comment

• miner
                    • Mar 2005

Currently using a Denon DCM370 but just bought a Rotel RCC-1055 to replace it.

Comment

• xk8boy
                      • Jul 2005

Using a arcam AV29, nothing amazing. Waiting for the classe CDP-300.

Comment

• caleb
                        • Aug 2004

I only have one player to do both DVD and CD and It's a TAG McLaren DVD32 FLR.

May be it's a compromise, but I am not blessed with "GOLDEN EARS" so it's just fine for me.

Comment

• chemguy
                          • May 2005

I'm using an ARCAM Diva CD72 (again, nothing special) but running it through the DAC on the new Bryston B100 SST. Wow...amazing transparent sound through the 804S's.

Comment

• Somphon
                            • Aug 2005

Chemguy,
                            How do you like your Bryston with your 804S? Have you compare them with Krell in your 804 set-up? I'm trying to find a new amp for my 805 and cant decide between the two. Dont have the opportunity to A/B them yet.

Comment

• Jonathannk
                              • Mar 2005

Everything ripped to lossless FLAC and played through an M-Audio 24/96 digital out to a Meridian 568 - XLR to Classe CA-300 driving B&W N802s. No CD player!

Comment

• chemguy
                                • May 2005

Originally posted by Somphon
                                Chemguy,
                                How do you like your Bryston with your 804S? Have you compare them with Krell in your 804 set-up?
                                Hi Somphon:

Unfortunately, I didn't listen to the Krell when I was shopping for the amp. After I heard the B100 though, I was sold. To my ears, it sounds fantastic with the B&W's. I listened with both the 803S and 804S and it drove them both effortlessly. I highly recommend the Bryston with the DAC option.

As has been said before, this amp/speaker pairing issue is a very subjective thing. You really need to listen to both the Bryston and the Krell and decide which sounds best for you. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"