X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

How do you set up your B&W sub?

Hello All, a little curious here on how you guys setup your B&W subwoofer, Do you turn off the crossover on the sub and use the crossover feature on your processor or vice versa?
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

Really depends on what your using it with....if you have a processor that has good, adjustable/flexible bass management I would tend to use that. If you do not...then the sub crossover will work as well.

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Soundgravy, I figure that if anyone knows how to make a crossover, it's B&W. They've been doing it for years. So even if I was an HT guy, which I'm not (yet), I'd still feel comfortable using the crossover in my B&W sub.

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

There are two schools of thought when it comes to "integrating" a subwoofer into any home system. That is deciding between movies or music to integrate with. My listening preferences are split. As you can see this alone would make it a difficult choice. However, to properly integrate with music would require the use of two-subwoofers* and I only have one. Therefore, I chose the former to integrate with.

That being said I engage the crossover in the processor and defeat the low-pass filter on the subwoofer. For music I would have chosen the opposite approach.

What approach do you take SG?

*Only two-channel purists need apply.
        Last edited by RebelMan; 11 August 2005, 14:57 Thursday.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Sim reality
          • Aug 2005

Personally I would use the crossover in the processor b/c "optimumly" both crossover slopes between the drivers should match and there is no way you could garrentee that using just the sub crossover.

Comment

• Stockinv
            • Jan 2005

Low Pass Filter

My ASW750 sounded very boomy at even the lowest levels until I set the Low Pass Filter to "In". This tamed the bass considerably.

Comment

• junior77blue
              • Nov 2004

Stockinv, were you using an external crossover? WIth the LP filter set to OUT, it will basically play whatever signal it is recieving at the input.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"