X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xk8boy
    • Jul 2005

Do you read your manuals?

I had a interesting converstation with my dealer yesterday. We were discussing about speaker placements and imaging. The first thing he ask was whether i've read my user's manual? This came across as a rather strange question, as what is there to read about speakers? Most savey users will simply connect up their speakers and of they go.

Anyway, so i decided to pull the manual out and had a quick read. A few interesting facts turn up that I never knew before. I thought I share them with you.

1. For those with the 803/4/5s series, the foam plug that came with the speakers are there by design. So do throw them away. Apart from protection during transportation they can be used to reduce bass doom.

2. For those with 802s, the spike kit are the same used in the 800/1 series.

3. For those with 800/1/2, the marlan head can actually support the wieght of the speakers when you're tilting them over for spiking.

If others have anymore festinating facts about b&W speakers, plse share.
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Yes, that is true about B&W manuals. They have some very informative stuff in there. On top of that, have you checked out their website's FAQ. They have even more interesting things in regards to speaker placement, design, etc, etc. It's good stuff. Check it out.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"