X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lvs
    • May 2004

RSX-1056 Users Manual

Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered. I just purchased an RSX-1056 and the box did not contain a users manual. Has Rotel quite shipping users manuals and must you download them from their website?
    Thanks.
  • resperc
    • May 2004

The manual is available on the Rotel website. It should have come in the box, but at least you can get it online. I would also contact your dealer and possibly Rotel and acquire a hard copy as soon as possible. Enjoy your new toy!!!

Comment

• stantheman2
      • Apr 2004

That seems odd. My 1056 had all the manuals neatly packaged in plastic. The manual should have come packaged in the box with a separate manual for the remote control; the warranty card; and a computer cable for firmware upgrades. If you are missing these items, I would question your dealer as to whether you were given a unit where the box had previously been opened. At the minimum, the price for a "open box" unit should be less, and you should STILL get all the accessories - that is assuming you are OK with a unit that may or may not have been "used".

Comment

• lvs
        • May 2004

Thanks guys. stantheman, I was thinking the same thing and thought it quite odd that the manual package was missing. Everything else was in the box, and it definitely looked factory sealed with Rotel tape. The plastic wrapped around the unit also looked factory fresh and that it hadn't ever been removed before. I will contact my dealer first. Thanks again.

Comment

• Bob Knarly
          • Mar 2004

The first run units had NO manual included because they wanted to get them on the market and manuals were a month out.They did slit the tape and slide manuals in on the 1068 in the nick of time.This was told to me by the Rotel rep,he was nice enough to appolgize.My dealer ran me a manual off the website.If you have no manual I would venture to guess you have a first run unit with the associated problems of the first run,you also will not have current updated software,check and see.I am currently waiting on a new 1056,more on that later,good luck.

Comment

• lvs
            • May 2004

Thanks Bob. I checked the software version which is 1.1.4 before I did the setup. I understood that to be the latest revision, can you confirm? What problems other than hiss were associated with the first-run unit? Mine is whisper quiet.

Comment

• Bob Knarly
              • Mar 2004

Ivs,the units my dealer and I had/have also had a nasty habit of locking up.Also I think your software is not the latest,you can go to the Rotel site and check for updates and the latest versions.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
                • May 2004

If you did not have an owner's manual just relax for a second. Now, if you need to read the manual ASAP, go to the Rotel website and you can download it. To get a hard copy, just contact your dealer and have them contact Rotel and I am willing to bet that they will send you a new manual right away. It sucks to find something missing, but it can happen. The most important thing is you got your unit. Also, the latest software is versiona 1.1.7, it is also available on the Rotel website.

G. 8)

Comment

• Vicente
                  • May 2004

How can you check the software version you have in your receiver?

Comment

• lvs
                    • May 2004

Hold down the MUTE button until version is displayed.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"