X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdl2112
    • Mar 2006

Any Soundeasy users here using Windows 7

I have posted this question on the SE users site but no response yet so I thought I would ask here.

My old Win2000 machine died a while back and I'm trying to get SE V13 up and running on my new Win 7 machine. I copied the SE files over and installed my M-Audio Delta 410 sound card with Win 7 drivers to the new machine. At first it appeared to all work but found that during the loop back test at 96k sampling I would see the input but nothing on the impulse screen. Actually I tried more last night and every once in a while it would appear. I have read that the driver for the M-Audio may have problems, people report crackling sounds. I also notice even at 48k the harmonic sweeps are very noisy. I have tried varying the pulse delay and sound card buffer sample size but no improvement. Is anyone here using Win 7 and SE? If so what is your set-up? I may need to look for a new sound card or upgrade SE but I hoped to wait for V18 as I hear it will be Win7 compatible.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks,

Scott
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

If you know that the version of SoundEasy you have doesn't work with Win 7, then I'd imagine that's the problem. I don't know of any fixes around that, otherwise you'd see it mentioned somewhere in one of the user groups. Looks like the new upgrade is in your future unless you can get XP running.

Comment

• mischmat
      • Feb 2010

You can get different windows emulators. What it'll do for you is run windows XP within windows 7 allowing you to run legacy programs that otherwise have issues with current OS's.

Comment

• oldbar
        • Sep 2005

I am using windows 7 x64 with SE V17 and I am having no problems at all.
        I have kept a copy of the folder with the soundeasy files on a usb stick and just placed the folder on my desktop and it works fine.
        I am also using M-audio firewire 410 and have no issues with it.
        I have never had any crackle problems.
        SE V18 from what i understand is suppose to be windows 7 and also X64 compatiable as well.

Comment

• sdl2112
          • Mar 2006

Thanks for the comments. I should of stated that although the current versions of SE are not released for use with Win 7, the main issue is just the set up files. I did as OLDBAR described and just moved the program file folder from my old machine and that part appears to work correctly. Reading the forum I also see others using SE on Win 7 machines without issues.

OLDBAR, have you run at 96k and did you make any setting changes in Win 7 or to the sound card?

Thanks,
          Scott

Comment

• oldbar
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by sdl2112
            Thanks for the comments. I should of stated that although the current versions of SE are not released for use with Win 7, the main issue is just the set up files. I did as OLDBAR described and just moved the program file folder from my old machine and that part appears to work correctly. Reading the forum I also see others using SE on Win 7 machines without issues.

OLDBAR, have you run at 96k and did you make any setting changes in Win 7 or to the sound card?

Thanks,
            Scott
            I have had no issues at 96k and the only settings i have changed are on the m-audio software panel and changed the settings to 96k and everything works fine.

Comment

• sdl2112
              • Mar 2006

Update;

I updated my SE from V13 to V17. With the M-Audio 410 It helped the impulse response at 96k sampling but there still is noise being introduced.

Here are three pics with the M-Audio

Click image for larger version

Name:	1khz_sq_wave,_96k,_noise_glitch.png
Views:	489
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	855517

O-scope showing glitch on loop back

Name:	25hz_sine_wave,_showing_distortion.png
Views:	502
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	855518

O-scope showing loop back noise on sine wave

Name:	dist_sweep_noise.png
Views:	511
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	855519

Harmonic sweep noise

I tried two new sound cards,
              1)Creative SB X-Fi titanium HD - it looked promising, the square wave looked ok, The
              harmonic sweep was smooth and did not have the noise bursts except a couple at
              the end of the sweep but I could not use the card above 48k sampling. The loop
              back looked ok but an impedance sweep at 96k would look good up to about 20khz
              then huge oscillations. The harmonic sweep showed the harmonics would oscillate
              then tail off prematurely. I returned it, I just want things to work right.

2)Right now I am trying the ASUS Xonar Essence STX, it has similar noise bursts
              to the M-audio 410 and the same issue with the SB that above 20khz the impedance
              sweep would oscillate.

OLDBAR, I was wondering if you could do a loop back harmonic sweep test to see what you get. It would help me out.

Scott
              Last edited by theSven; 25 August 2023, 14:03 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"